What's new

Everyone Please Wish Jim (AzCigarNut) A Safe Return

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
To clarify the record... I'm a former Army guy that now works overseas from time-to-time. Yes, I'm a VFW and AL Member and I've been deployed many times over the last decade... and I am currently looking for an assignment in Iraq (possibly Afghanistan if the assignment offer is right)... but I've already denied a couple overseas assignment requests thus far.

So... while it's true that I'll likely be heading out sometime in the very near future... I'm no longer a Joe that comes down on hard orders and gets a forced estimate deployment date. My situation is much more by choice these days.

That said... I appreciate the well wishes when for when I do make my selection and head out (and I'll let y'all know when that officially happens)... but I wanted to correct the record on my deployment status: it's not necessarily immediate (though likely soon, yes), mostly by choice, and I've been around the block enough to keep my arse safe.

Thanks, guys.
Well from your PM I gathered you were heading out along with your package so I guess I missunderstood, but the sentament still stands for when you do. My apologies for jumping the gun...so to speak!