What's new

Exploding cigar

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I was having another yard gar this morning (Nestor Pl. Holguin short belicoso) These are not bad at all. after the 1st third the wrapper started to crack. Within 10 minutes it looked like the filler and binder were swelling a little and the wrapper totally started to crack and pull away. WTF. Never happened to me before. This ever happen to anyone before?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
No. Been in my tupperdor since September. The tupperdore was at 69% with a Boveda but I've brought it down to around 65% to 67% depending on if I've been it often or not

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Happened to me last night with a Tat VI Hermosos. I was thinking under humidified. If the wrapper dries out, ultimately it would shrink, then with the heat of the draw, it tries to expand and cracks? Am I out to lunch on that?

Not sure if it was like that when I got it and never e covered in the humi or what, but my others have never done that.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Happened to me last night with a Tat VI Hermosos. I was thinking under humidified. If the wrapper dries out, ultimately it would shrink, then with the heat of the draw, it tries to expand and cracks? Am I out to lunch on that?

Not sure if it was like that when I got it and never e covered in the humi or what, but my others have never done that.

-KK33-
Sucks when it's a good stick your looking forward to

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I find it happens a lot to me in the winter if I try and smoke outside. The wrapper dries out and then as the heat hits the filler the filler expands and the wrapper can't expand. It usually isn't a problem in humid climates but here it is common

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I find it happens a lot to me in the winter if I try and smoke outside. The wrapper dries out and then as the heat hits the filler the filler expands and the wrapper can't expand. It usually isn't a problem in humid climates but here it is common
That makes a lot of sense. I try to smoke in the car with the heat on and windows a little open.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
If smoking in your car if it shows the AC on even tho it is heating it will work as a de humidifier and cause the issue. I know some people that live in more arid ares then even I and they either wet the wrapper or store at even lower humidity then most consider normal.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
If smoking in your car if it shows the AC on even tho it is heating it will work as a de humidifier and cause the issue. I know some people that live in more arid ares then even I and they either wet the wrapper or store at even lower humidity then most consider normal.
Hope it was an anomaly. Today didn't have that problem. Then again, there was precipitation and plenty of humidity.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sometimes these things just happen. I've smoked 5 to 7k cigars over the past 5 years, and every once in a blue moon, one will split open. I've had it happen with high end sticks, yard gars, and those in between. Cold days, hot days, right off the truck, and ones that have been resting for years at 65%. Sometimes you just get one that splits apart on you.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Happened to me recently. It was a little dry (but nothing to be concerned over) but all of a sudden I heard the crack, and it was downhill after that.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
This has happened a few times to me in dry, cold Colorado. Even higher-end sticks as well.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This has happened a few times to me in dry, cold Colorado. Even higher-end sticks as well.
Being in Wyoming I share the struggle. Humidification is a daily struggle.