What's new

Eye of the Shark

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great cigar. They normally run a charity deal once a year that has a opus eye of the shark and a similar rolled Julius Caesar. Great cigar too, if you see it pick it up! Comes in a little coffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw them at Tobacco Locker going for $70.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Great cigar. They normally run a charity deal once a year that has a opus eye of the shark and a similar rolled Julius Caesar. Great cigar too, if you see it pick it up! Comes in a little coffin.

The Cigars in.the Charitable Foundation Coffin is the Opus Shark and Julius Caesar Shark. Different vitola from the Eye of the Shark.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The Cigars in.the Charitable Foundation Coffin is the Opus Shark and Julius Caesar Shark. Different vitola from the Eye of the Shark.
Morning Rdelia! As Old Smokey said, Eye of the Shark is a particular vitola, also a different blend. It is the Fuente Don Carlos blend, although I’ve heard rumor that they made slight changes to the Carlos blend for EoTS, but are kinda secretive about it. I’ve never had a Don Carlos, so I want to try a #3 or something, and then have EoTS the next day to compare.

Rdelia, if I’ve heard of the Julius Caesar, then I have definitely forgotten about it. Thanks for adding to my “To Try” list.
Cheers!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Oh didn’t realize that the opus version was just called shark and eye of the shark was specific to the Don Carlos. Learn something new every day!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
One of my favorite cigars. I always buy em up when I get the chance! Usually smoke one on my birthday.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looks like Padron 1964, Natural, Hermoso vitola is next. Mainly because I can’t find any, anywhere, which makes me want it more.
For anyone still paying attention, Holt's seems to have plenty of Padron 1964 Hermoso, and mine are coming next week. Also, if anyone here is looking for Fuente Añejos, Holt's has a "Royal Flush" super sampler. It includes two Añejo No. 48, two Padron 1964 natural torpedo, two Le Bijou torpedo, a couple San Cristobal Quintessence, and a couple Ashton Symmetry. About $110. The Bijou and 1964 natties are two of my favorites, and the Añejo is one my buddy turned me onto this past Fall. Never had the SC Quint or the Ashton Symmetry, but I've heard fairly good things.
Cheers!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For anyone still paying attention, Holt's seems to have plenty of Padron 1964 Hermoso, and mine are coming next week. Also, if anyone here is looking for Fuente Añejos, Holt's has a "Royal Flush" super sampler. It includes two Añejo No. 48, two Padron 1964 natural torpedo, two Le Bijou torpedo, a couple San Cristobal Quintessence, and a couple Ashton Symmetry. About $110. The Bijou and 1964 natties are two of my favorites, and the Añejo is one my buddy turned me onto this past Fall. Never had the SC Quint or the Ashton Symmetry, but I've heard fairly good things.
Cheers!
Man that would be a great deal if not for the symmetry’s. I love every other Ashton I have had. But when I tried the symmetry it was like smoking air. I got such low flavors out of it. I am curious if I was just having a bad day. I may try it again.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Off topic, sort of:

Don Carlos > Opus X

…that is all. Carry on.
Never had Don Carlos at all, but I have mever really enjoyed an Opus X. All the ones I’ve had seemed to be slightly bitter. I’m interested to try a Don Carlos Belicoso, and then one of the Eye of the Shark the next day.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Man that would be a great deal if not for the symmetry’s. I love every other Ashton I have had. But when I tried the symmetry it was like smoking air. I got such low flavors out of it. I am curious if I was just having a bad day. I may try it again.

Always worth a second try, but I’ve never had a Symmetry, so I don’t know.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Never had Don Carlos at all, but I have mever really enjoyed an Opus X. All the ones I’ve had seemed to be slightly bitter. I’m interested to try a Don Carlos Belicoso, and then one of the Eye of the Shark the next day.
Interesting. I really like the opus. The don carlos is good but much more tamed. I smoke it when I want something smooth and light but still get good flavor. Say that to say, you not liking the opus shouldn’t deter you from the don Carlos because they are vastly different. Honestly, I prefer the VSG of all of the fuente blended smokes in that price range. But I keep don Carlos in the humidor for when I am seeking that experience.