What's new

Ezra Zion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this isn’t a review from me, but more looking for opinions from the community. I read the reviews, every description I could ever imagine of flavors and each one is the “best” they’ve ever produced. I’ve only had 1, and while decent......I guess I was underwhelmed after the big shits talk of super 12 year aged tobacco that taste like it was made by the hands of Willy Wonka.
Are their some that are consistently good or is it mostly hype of the highest order.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In my opinion there are three types of cigars. Cigars I really enjoy, cigars I'll smoke but not replace and cigars that go directly into the garbage can. All the rest is hype.

Can't say I have ever found a cigar better then even mediocre sex or a cigar that will compel me to write a book about the experience. Not that I've ever written a book about mediocre sex or anything..

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I had the EZ Cinnamon Rolls and Icing on Sunday and they billed it as having the sweetest tobaccos they've ever put in a cigar. No notes of anything near cinnamon rolls and icing and the sweetness was not there at all. I'm gonna let them rest for a couple months and try again. This is the only EZ I've had, so I can't rush to judgment on their smokes.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think the key is to find a reviewer with a palate similar to yours, find the 3 or 4 predominate flavors they talk about and if the cigar is interesting to you then try the cigar. Lots of reviews tend to be modified by $ and friendships. If a cigar isn't reviewed it's probably a dud because reviewers aren't interested in upsetting the relationships.

When I started my exploration of Cubans I smoked what the BOTLs recommended and haven't been disappointed,

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like their core line. when they first started the new marketing ploy I jumped into it for a bit but I was getting more misses than hits and then add the fact that when I did like one I can’t get anymore? Eff that! Now they doing the same thing with Nomad, again eff that.

Sometimes I’ll look at reviews to get an idea of what the blend is or the basic profile but I pretty much look at em like fiction, entertaining but not realistic. I trust the opinions on these boards more than someone who is benefiting by writing one.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have 1 EZ cigar called Jail Bait with handcuffs as the band. It was given to me by a good friend when he was visiting a month ago. When I asked him about it he said he had never smoked one, but they rolled less than 400 of them.

I don't pay attention to reviews. I care more about what I think of a cigar than what they think of a cigar. Best to just smoke one. I question these golden palette folks and if they say they can taste virgin Ethiopian monkey butt juice doesn't mean I could taste the same thing. JMO

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I had their COTM for right at a year. I really wanted to love their stuff, but everything except the core line was underwhelming. All marketing hype. Canceled my subscription around a year ago. The Jaimus Vu and all my exes are their top 2 smokes, IMO, and available at my local B&M.....

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I had their COTM for right at a year. I really wanted to love their stuff, but everything except the core line was underwhelming. All marketing hype. Canceled my subscription around a year ago. The Jaimus Vu and all my exes are their top 2 smokes, IMO, and available at my local B&M.....
Jesus, this place is dead....

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have found over the years that these small boutique brands always stall out. There are too many great cigars out there that are cheaper and easier to find that will age well.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Imo it's important to have a reviewer that you normally watch and has a similar palate. I think it is also important that you watch some blind reviews. I feel the blind reviews weight alot more to me because they don't know what they are smoking. Cigar obsession is a good one "for me" also lee mack and blindmans puff no favoritism included lol