What's new

F-350

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys,

Anyone by chance drive Ford F-350? I have a 2007 and she needs new upper and lower ball joints...she has almost 185000 miles so its just that time...

Just wondering if anyone has tried to do it themselves? Its basically a front end tear down and rebuild, at least for me because I need to change a few more suspension parts also. I am pretty good with a wrench but don't have the puller, but you can rent that. No biggy there getting the tools, if any one has done it did you learn any tricks? lol i heard its not too bad but not very fun....

Thanks Guys!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depends on your comfort level... You will basically have to tear down brakes/wheel and hub assemblies.. And the suspension. Apart from the pulled you may want to have a torch and an air hammer, just to help out with any stubborn parts. Also a lift or a good set of jack stands :)

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Depends on your comfort level... You will basically have to tear down brakes/wheel and hub assemblies.. And the suspension. Apart from the pulled you may want to have a torch and an air hammer, just to help out with any stubborn parts. Also a lift or a good set of jack stands :)
Access to the above tools will make the job go alot faster. One other tip, do one side at a time that way you have a comparison to re-install parts incase something comes up and you get side tracked or forget how something goes, that is the biggest mistake I have seen done on front end work, tear down the whole thing at one time. I even forget sometimes and I have been turning wrenches professionally for 10 years.