What's new

F*$@K DIsh!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have the dish setup in 3 rooms, a regular converter and the DVR converter. Well, the DVR box isn't receiving a signal, but the other one works, been like that for 2 days with sporadic operation. I just got off the phone with Dish and pretty much they aren't going to help me out with this little problem. They said that since I bought the package from a retailer I need to contact them about it.

Problem is, I called 1-800-dish-whatever to get it setup. How the hell is that a retailer? Fuggin bastards! I'm calling Monday and phone-choking whatever supervisor I can get on the phone.

Fuggin Bastards!

Another thing...how many of you guys have the dish? Did you know you actually get CHARGED to call in a payment? What the hell is that about anyways? Charge me to take my payment?

Sheesh...I need a scotch now.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
im seriously thinking about switching to cable. im sick of everytime a bird flys past my dish i loose reception for half a day.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Did you do a switch check? Have you tried to unplug it...take the card out and then plug it back in without the card in it...then insert the card. Do this after you do a switch check.

eyetek

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Did you do a switch check? Have you tried to unplug it...take the card out and then plug it back in without the card in it...then insert the card. Do this after you do a switch check.

eyetek
What got me pissed was when the asked me to check all the connections.

My reply:
"Are you kidding me? Don't you think that was the first thing I checked?"

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If your unit is not getting a signal it usally means that your switch or some call it a splitter has gone bad or if you disconnected one of the cables going into the switch or the DVR unit then you have to redo your switch test. Once that is done the unit will be able to process the info needed to pick up the signal.

eyetek

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
I've been on both sides of the fence now. I'll give them a chance to fix it before I drop the service all together. I did try and call them back earlier to try and setup for a tech visit. My call was transfered to billing then bounced back to the teleprompt, then dropped. I'm not happy about that...we'll see how they take care of this tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've had Dish for 13 years and have only had a few issues. All were hardware problem with the receiver / DVR units and were handled promptly via Customer Service. I've never had to pay via phone so I have no experience there ... but even if you do the standard snail-mail, you still pay at least $.39 to send them your payment.

I've tried Direct TV (confusing online menu system, less HD programming) and Comcast cable (lower picture quality, higher cost, crappy receiver) over the past few years and stuck with Dish. Choices / results in other parts of the country might be different though ...

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have Direct TV and haven't had too many problems. Though it sucks when we have a bad storm. The service whenever I've call has been pretty good.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have dish and found the answer to be, Please transfer me to customer retention because I am cancelling". You go from robots to sales people trained to keep you. Very, very accomodating. Got the folks in to fix the problem in 24 hours, 3 months free, double DVR based on current advertised special. Magic.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have dish and found the answer to be, Please transfer me to customer retention because I am cancelling". You go from robots to sales people trained to keep you. Very, very accomodating. Got the folks in to fix the problem in 24 hours, 3 months free, double DVR based on current advertised special. Magic.
:rofl:

Nice!