What's new

Fake Cohiba Behike

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Damn good fake. The only thing that gave it away for me was how they applied the band. The band was glued together unevenly. Cubans are usually always banded perfectly with the lines matched together. Plus that gigantic vein going down the front of the cigar. Most cubans would never have a vein that large, especially a Behike!
These points are both jokes, right? I've had Cubans wth rediculously large veins, and terribly applied bands.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyle, You drew me out for what I think is my second post on this board. I saw the thread on the other board and worried that our friend had been duped. I think a lot of people mistakenly believe reservations can legally obtain Cubans. Not so. Nice job offering to get it back to him so he could get it refunded.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow thats pretty good. And technically Indian country is not part of the US. So they can kinda do what they want.
This comes up from time to time...and no they can't do what they want. In short the Congress gives them certain rights under Sovereignty but this doesn't include Cuban Cigars or other Federal Laws. They just can't supercede Federal Laws because they have certain limited activities which at certain times appear as one of those ...now you have it now you don't type of things. It is apparent that 'some' of the Reservations deal with contraband and they use their Sovereignty as a shield of protection while other Gov't authorites would rather turn a blind eye to it than to go in and cause problems. This is something that goes on with tribal councils all over the US where they use their 'power' to do things that are at best...marginal and the Gov't won't intervene unless it's a real problem. If they were dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars of fake Cuban Cigars and the Feds weren't getting their revenues then it would obviously be a case they would investigate.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
These points are both jokes, right? I've had Cubans wth rediculously large veins, and terribly applied bands.
Never personally had any rediculously large veins. Behike definitely should not. I inspect all my cubans and the bands are meticulously placed on the cigars and are never out of order. If they go through the trouble of matching shades of finished cigars to go into boxes, the banding should not be crooked either. If they were they could most likely be fakes. But then smoking them always puts away any doubts :grin:

The tax band is even meticulously placed with the middle of the shield creased perfectly over the corner of the box, which is another dead give away. Cuban cigar boxes go through many quality checks to assure all of these things happen.

The Behike is the most important cigar to the cuban cigar industry now, you think they would sloppily apply a band like that?

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
With Behikes I can see them being more meticulous for bands and CQ for veins, sure. But in general ... I've seen a lot of sloppy stuff on cigars that were legit.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Are you guys talking about the lounge upstairs or the drive-through tobacco shop on the other side of the parking lot?
Answered in PM Ryan....but I'm fairly positive this is from the lounge. I'll confirm that though....but his texts to me say he's calling the lounge to ask for the refund, so pretty good indication that's the source of these.

Hogfarmer could chime in as well, as it sounds like he bought the same deal...and the same price as this guy paid.

Last edited:

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
This is a great thread. It sucks that he was duped by these charlatans. Many of us, myself included, so want to try this stick, I hope and pray that he and others can secure the real deal very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Answered in PM Ryan..... I'll confirm that though....but his texts to me say he's calling to ask for the refund, so pretty good indication that's the source of these.

Hogfarmer could chime in as well, as it sounds like he bought the same deal...and the same price as this guy paid.
I would like confirmation from your buddy and Hogfarmer on where they actually bought it as I would be shocked if these came from the actual lounge. The drive through across the parking lot is totally separate from the lounge and if I was a betting man, they bought them there. I am good friends with the manager in the lounge and I've never heard anything about cuban cigars going through there. I would hate for people to start talking...

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I would like confirmation from your buddy and Hogfarmer on where they actually bought it as I would be shocked if these came from the actual lounge. The drive through across the parking lot is totally separate from the lounge (but called the same) and if I was a betting man, they bought them there. I am good friends with the manager in the lounge and I've never heard anything about cuban cigars going through there. I would hate for people to start talking...
Your assumption is correct Ryan...

These came from the drive through across the parking lot.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for the lesson guys. I immediately ran to my humidor to give my behikes the fake test after watching the videos. Whew... so glad my sticks passed all the tests. You guy almost ruined my night.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Your assumption is correct Ryan...

These came from the drive through across the parking lot.
Thanks for checking. I just confirmed the drive though is totally separate from where I go all the time. I'm glad to know fakes are not going past my nose... Still, sad to know fakes are so close to my nose! :scratchhe

Let me know what I can do...

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So can I get a rulling on the straight vs not straight label issue? Is the imperfect label alignment a serious warning sign? I ask because I just got some cigars (not Behikes) where 1 of the 10 labels doesn't line up. 2 of lables have the "bleeding" from one part of the band to the next, but I've seen that a few times.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
So can I get a rulling on the straight vs not straight label issue? Is the imperfect label alignment a serious warning sign? I ask because I just got some cigars (not Behikes) where 1 of the 10 labels doesn't line up. 2 of lables have the "bleeding" from one part of the band to the next, but I've seen that a few times.
Nah, you're good Nate. I would think twice about bad premium cigar bands like a Behike or CGR, but not regular production or even RE/LE's.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The ones I saw at Fife BJ's or something smoke shop were obviously fake but they were glass top cohibas haven't seen any behikes.

Last edited:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
So reservations do not have to follow the regulations set by the embargo? First time I've heard this...
Nope...Not this!

They know there fake cigars, not cuban, so they have no worries selling them.
This!!!!
Agree...I have had cc's that aren't perfect as well and questioned them to brothers with far mor experience than I. All of them said the same thing...Cuban cigars have there flaws as well, including Cohiba!
This however may not be the fact for a cigar such as the Behike or certain LE's which are expected to have higher standards.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've plenty of fakies in my time, and many of them have been quite impressive, as the counterfeiters have evolved well beyond crappy, misspelled bands and coloring that comes off onto your fingers. And yes, many genuine Cubans have large veins and crooked bands, so you cannot really count on just eyeballing them to tell.

The real hints here are 1) He didn't buy it from a reputable source, 2) it came in a 25 count box, when Behikes only come in 10 count boxes, and 3) the price was too good to be true.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The one question that I have is 'How does it smoke?'

Have to say that I have had a few 'fakes' that have smoked quite well.

Silver lining....