What's new

:::fakes on fleabay:::

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I will almost always contact the seller, and let them know thier goods are not authentic. Some will argue about it, some take the info well and remove thier sale. I'm not really familiar with how to spot fakes, I use a vendor that was recomended by trusted folks. But I have gotten a couple boxes in the last couple years, and they all had a hologram sticker on them. these do not, so how old would they be? Or do all CC's these days not have that hologram?

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The absence of a hologram is not indicative of authenticity. Generally holograms are applied in a few secondary countries (in eastern Europe). I have also seen some holograms in duty free shops within Cuba as well.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind is the placement of the green warranty seal. Habanos would never apply the seal that sloppily. 99% of the time, The shield on the left side will be split down the middle on the edge of the lid.

There is also the absence of a box date, as well as factory code.

I will almost always contact the seller, and let them know thier goods are not authentic. Some will argue about it, some take the info well and remove thier sale. I'm not really familiar with how to spot fakes, I use a vendor that was recomended by trusted folks. But I have gotten a couple boxes in the last couple years, and they all had a hologram sticker on them. these do not, so how old would they be? Or do all CC's these days not have that hologram?

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The absence of a hologram is not indicative of authenticity. Generally holograms are applied in a few secondary countries (in eastern Europe). I have also seen some holograms in duty free shops within Cuba as well.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind is the placement of the green warranty seal. Habanos would never apply the seal that sloppily. 99% of the time, The shield on the left side will be split down the middle on the edge of the lid.

There is also the absence of a box date, as well as factory code.
This is my indicator. :grin:

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
This would be an example of how easily someone gets ripped off. It's sad to hear, and yet it happens every day. Here is a transcript with the seller of the "Glass-top" Cohiba Box.

Adam - "Hate to break it to you, but this box is fake.
Hopefully you didn't pay too much for what was
inside :( "

f***a - "Well, that upsets me. I paid $800.00 for this. I guess live and learn"

I am going to try to get this guys addy, and show him what cuba really has to offer.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
$800! wow... he got drop kicked and bodyslamed! that's really thoughtfull of you adam... wish i had something to contribute...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Oh yeah. I bid on the glass top.

LOL - gotta have a famous fake like that in my collection!

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm looking at a Montecristo box and the seal is definitely in the middle of the seam.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Don't trust Ebay for any current CC at any price. Chance of getting anything real is slim, and you may draw the attention of law enforcement. Just not worth it.

The only exceptions I've seen is vintage, but pre embargo's cost huge, I just watched 10 RyJ Churchills from the 50's go for like 1300 bucks.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Not sure how Ebay can allow these sales to even take place. It's illegal to buy/sale cuban cigars in the States.