What's new

Fall Beers?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah I'm just taking the easy method of adding 190 proof Everclear to the mix. The lady would murder me if I set up a still in the apartment...
I used an old school method for the first 6-7 times and it was a super pain in the ass. You can actually get pretty compact stills now that are very efficient and cheap. Oh and safe.... Safe is good... No bath tub gin.. Haha!

Man, I made Apple Shine for years and just have been to lazy to do it this year. I need to get on it sometime. It would save me some money on alcohol.
Put me down for an order lol. I'm drinking the store stuff it's only 70 proof you know strong kool aid lol. I may have a problem

If I get off my ass and make some maybe someday but trust me it always goes super fast. My family can be such a pain... And to be honest when I make Apple Pie with shine it's probably around 70 - 80 proof but Apple Shine is more manly and I bet is around 130 or 140 proof. On top of that Apple Shine really benefits with about 3 months of age.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah I'm just taking the easy method of adding 190 proof Everclear to the mix. The lady would murder me if I set up a still in the apartment...
I used an old school method for the first 6-7 times and it was a super pain in the ass. You can actually get pretty compact stills now that are very efficient and cheap. Oh and safe.... Safe is good... No bath tub gin.. Haha!

Man, I made Apple Shine for years and just have been to lazy to do it this year. I need to get on it sometime. It would save me some money on alcohol.
Put me down for an order lol. I'm drinking the store stuff it's only 70 proof you know strong kool aid lol. I may have a problem

If I get off my ass and make some maybe someday but trust me it always goes super fast. My family can be such a pain... And to be honest when I make Apple Pie with shine it's probably around 70 - 80 proof but Apple Shine is more manly and I bet is around 130 or 140 proof. On top of that Apple Shine really benefits with about 3 months of age.
Sounds like a road trip to Indy in the near future lol

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Already snagged a few German Oktoberfestbiers and couple of bottles of CCB Good Gourd.

I saw total wine has a mini-keg of Hofbraü Octoberfest, so I might snag that... its 5 liters.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My favorite fall beer is the same as any other season. Pretty much whatever is in my glass. I am a fan of Ayinger festbier. I like the occasional pumpkin but find most astringent from over use of spices. I feel as if I am chewing on fall themed potpourri with some of them, gross. Other than that I am rather out of touch due to not buying beer except once in a while. I am a bit out of touch with whats out there for the most part.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Im looking forward to trying:
Avery Rumpkin
Cigar City Good Goard
Southern Tier Warlock
Elysian Great Pumpkin
and a few other randoms.. Not my favorite beer season, hopefully a few of these will change my mind.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
25, yup, you'll have a ccb good gourd soon enough.

I have been going crazy for pumking this year. at 7.19 a bomber i love this beer. I swear it tastes like drinking a pumpkin pie (but in a good way). Not too sweet just perfect, wish I hat one now.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
25, yup, you'll have a ccb good gourd soon enough.

I have been going crazy for pumking this year. at 7.19 a bomber i love this beer. I swear it tastes like drinking a pumpkin pie (but in a good way). Not too sweet just perfect, wish I hat one now.
Just picked up a bomber of this -- can't wait to give it a try!

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Fall is my favorite beer season with lots of good stuff and too much to list. Concentrating on the pumpkin releases: I drank 32 different pumpkin beers last year from bot West and East coast distribution. Some too sweet, some no pumpkin, some too much spice. Long story short only one worth drinking was Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ale. I just picked up a bottle of this years Tommyknocker small patch and its delicious.

Mike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought a New Belgium fall sampler pack with Ranger IPA, Giddy Up (coffee infused), and some others. Pretty excited to try the Giddy Up with a cigar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
A friend and I have a still, so let me know if you want some to try.

I can even deliver it to Detroit for you.

:halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

We need to set up a herf wit shine and sticks

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I generaly move up from the IPAs to maltier beers as it gets cold.

Belgian Browns, Dopplebocks, English Old Ales.

I did a project in Munich at the end of winter and brought back some great strong beers.

Rene

P.S. Anyone who likes beer should make a trip to Munich. Forget about Oktoberfest, go for Starkbeerfest, less people and better beer. You can also try all the great beers they don't export (e.g. Augustiner and Andechster (sp?)). Plus you can see how the beers they export should really taste, for example - Aventinus from draft is amazing, Hacker Psor is a super session beer and Paulaner is horrid except fresh Salvator.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

We need to set up a herf wit shine and sticks
Name the time and place, I will be there.

Rene