What's new

Fanny Packs

boomerd35

Living La Vida Smoka
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I don't really understand- so maybe somebody can explain it to me. What is the problem with everybody knowing that your fanny pack means you're carrying? Are you afraid the bad guys want to pick on you because they know you have a gun? Or that they will take it as a challenge because they think you are carrying a gun? I was under the impression that most bad guys are looking for easy targets- not people carrying guns. Otherwise, only other concealed carriers and LE will guess that you're carrying and who cares about that? I don't wear a fanny pack because I can't stand them, but if somebody wants to use one to carry, I don't fully understand the "everybody knows you're carrying" argument.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I don't really understand- so maybe somebody can explain it to me. What is the problem with everybody knowing that your fanny pack means you're carrying? Are you afraid the bad guys want to pick on you because they know you have a gun? Or that they will take it as a challenge because they think you are carrying a gun? I was under the impression that most bad guys are looking for easy targets- not people carrying guns. Otherwise, only other concealed carriers and LE will guess that you're carrying and who cares about that? I don't wear a fanny pack because I can't stand them, but if somebody wants to use one to carry, I don't fully understand the "everybody knows you're carrying" argument.
Just my opinion, but I think if someone is interested in concealed carry they would want to conceal the fact they are carrying. If someone is going to make their "concealed" weapon obvious, they might as well open carry and make it easier to get to.

boomerd35

Living La Vida Smoka
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just my opinion, but I think if someone is interested in concealed carry they would want to conceal the fact they are carrying. If someone is going to make their "concealed" weapon obvious, they might as well open carry and make it easier to get to.
I can understand that. But I think that there would be a good number of people who would rather carry open (if their state didn't require concealment.)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
If the S were to hit the fan, they're going to take out the people that can fight back first. A concealed carry holder has the potential to stop a life threatening situation, in defense of their and others' lives; but, not if they're dead.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My gut tells me that I could probably open carry (not legal here in Texas) and alot of folks, other than LEO and/or folks like myself, wouldn't even notice. Just my thoughts. Carry with what suits you.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Very simply, 'Concealed Carry' is supposed to be "CONCEALED". Wearing in a way that shouts, "Hey! I'm carried a concealed weapon!" defeats the entire concept/purpose.

All of that being said, I just can't stand the dang things. They can have their purpose...I guess, but I'd rather carry a Murse than wear a fanny-pack.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
No one should "advertise" that they are packing! It just invites problems as there are too many namby pamby's out there as well as law enforcement just looking for reasons to hassle someone, legal or not! Jason is correct, concealed means concealed....I don't want anyone knowing that I am carrying especially criminals.....why give them an edge?????