What's new

Fantasy hockey

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey BOTL,

I’m wanting to do a just for fun fantasy league for hockey ( I plan on using the ESPN fantasy app) if anyones interested in joining you can comment here or PM me either works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Hey BOTL,

I’m wanting to do a just for fun fantasy league for hockey ( I plan on using the ESPN fantasy app) if anyones interested in joining you can comment here or PM me either works!

Tempting, as I played hockey for 12 years when I was a little kid until my senior year of high school. Absolutely loved playing.

Very rough sport though, on the same level as football in my opinion. Got my brains scrambled getting checked many times, and got plenty of injuries and even a handful of fights, but unlike in professional hockey where they let the fight go until someone hits the ice, they stopped ours before you got more than a couple punches in and being ejected for fighting was fairly common vs getting a 5 minute penalty like pro hockey.

I really miss playing even though its been nearly 30 years since I have played or even been on skates.

Used to follow and watch the Red Wings since I was born and raised in Michigan, but haven't watched or followed hockey in years now and am way out of the loop on teams and players.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It isn't fantasy when you're checked into the glass.
Very true.

That's actually why I stopped playing. My senior year I was 100lbs and about 5'3", so I was just getting brutalized out there as everyone was WAY bigger.

Especially since I played defense. Getting checked by me had little effect on the big guys,lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in Dylan
Played for 13 years and won 2 state Championships.View attachment 165445
Nice.
Growing up playing in Michigan I got to go to Canada a lot to play some of their teams. Always a good time.

Them Canucks know their hockey, but we did win fairly often and never got blown out when we Los at least

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tempting, as I played hockey for 12 years when I was a little kid until my senior year of high school. Absolutely loved playing.

Very rough sport though, on the same level as football in my opinion. Got my brains scrambled getting checked many times, and got plenty of injuries and even a handful of fights, but unlike in professional hockey where they let the fight go until someone hits the ice, they stopped ours before you got more than a couple punches in and being ejected for fighting was fairly common vs getting a 5 minute penalty like pro hockey.

I really miss playing even though its been nearly 30 years since I have played or even been on skates.

Used to follow and watch the Red Wings since I was born and raised in Michigan, but haven't watched or followed hockey in years now and am way out of the loop on teams and players.

I’d definitely like to have you in man like I said just for fun no big deal it’s more just something to get some of the guys together and some others if you know anyone.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d definitely like to have you in man like I said just for fun no big deal it’s more just something to get some of the guys together and some others if you know anyone.

I've never really been a fan of watching sports.

Just didn't really do much for me.
I really enjoyed playing every sport there is though.

Only been to a few Red Wings games when I was a kid, and saw a fair number of the local IHL team's games (they were the farm team for the Blackhawks).

In fact got to play against them every so often as a kid playing hockey. We would just switch goalies with them to even things up a little. That was always a good time as they were like heroes to us.

Played breif games in between the second and third period breaks at their games a lot which was pretty awesome too.

Plus all the trips to Canada to play against their youth teams I mentioned. Always a good time, especially when we won. Beating a Canadian team was considered quite an accomplishment to us.

Also got to meet Wayne Gretsky and Gordie Howe, which was like a dream come true.

Never done any kind of fantasy league for anything, so dont really know how it works, but I desperately need things to occupy my time here at the veteran's home, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I guess you can count me in and I'll learn as I go

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Taught myself to skate when I was 29 when I was forced to take a year off the gym after cervical surgery.

Played competitive men's hockey for 27 years, year round, at least 3 teams in different leagues the last 20 or so. Broke my leg and ankle (foot turned backwards) in a game a couple years ago. Plate, screws and ligaments like a slinky forced "retirement" earlier than I had hoped. Miss playing and still dream about it all the time.