What's new

Favorite Arturo Fuente

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Looking to make a large order of nc's next month and would like to try some Arturo Fuentes and Don Carlos that I haven't tried yet, which is a fair number since there's a pretty decent amount of both.

So, looking for ideas on some good ones that are well liked by many.

What's your favorite Arturo Fuente or Don Carlos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don Carlos No. 3, Hemingway Best Seller/Signature. I have a couple Anejos but haven't tried them yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don Carlos No. 3, Hemingway Best Seller/Signature. I have a couple Anejos but haven't tried them yet.
I have the number 3 in my cart already to try out, and love the entire Hemingway line, especially the signature and have 5 of them in my stock. They are my current favorite Hemingway right now.

Had some anejos left over from before my long hiatus from nc's and really didn't care for them anymore and ended up gifting the rest I had to someone who would be able to enjoy them. Same with the opus x

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’mma bit of a Fuente ‘ho so for me, there is no one particular favorite.

My top 5 favorites are:

Magnum R44
Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration
Hemingway Best Seller Maduro
Anejo #46
(Tied) 8-5-8 Maduro and SG

Judging from your comments above, I’m thinking you’re not much of CBL fan but think you’d enjoy the R44 and DI (...if you can find them...).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’mma bit of a Fuente ‘ho so for me, there is no one particular favorite.

My top 5 favorites are:

Magnum R44
Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration
Hemingway Best Seller Maduro
Anejo #46
(Tied) 8-5-8 Maduro and SG

Judging from your comments above, I’m thinking you’re not much of CBL fan but think you’d enjoy the R44 and DI (...if you can find them...).
Have had the Magnum R44 and enjoyed it, have a Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration that I was gifted but haven't tried it yet.

Love everything in the Hemingway line I have tried, currently hooked on the Signature and have a fiver resting in my collection .

Lost my taste for the Anejos and opus X's,
And do have an 8-5-8 Sun Grown in my cart already

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have had the Magnum R44 and enjoyed it, have a Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration that I was gifted but haven't tried it yet.

Love everything in the Hemingway line I have tried, currently hooked on the Signature and have a fiver resting in my collection .

Lost my taste for the Anejos and opus X's,
And do have an 8-5-8 Sun Grown in my cart already

Try the Signature SG too (...but they are hard to find...).

Another good SG is the Queen B.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently in my cart I have a:
DC no.3, SG Chateau Cuban Belicoso, Rosado Sun Grown 8-5-8, DC Presidentes, DC no.2, and Natural Seleccion Privada no.1.

Opinions on these would be greatly appreciated as all are new to me

Last edited:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I was a Fuente whore back in the day. Always had a box of short story, 858 Maduro, and dbl chateau on hand. for the pricier, loved the DC Max, WOAM, Casa Fuente Lancero. and my favorite: Stanford Newman 90th anniversary!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will say, the Maduro best seller was good...but it really tasted like a completely different cigar, as opposed to a maduro version of the regular. In other words...it didn't taste particularly...Fuente-ish to me. While the usual notes were there, they were put WAY on the backburner in favor of more maduro-y super strong coffee/dark chocolate. But an excellent cigar nonetheless.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will say, the Maduro best seller was good...but it really tasted like a completely different cigar, as opposed to a maduro version of the regular. In other words...it didn't taste particularly...Fuente-ish to me. While the usual notes were there, they were put WAY on the backburner in favor of more maduro-y super strong coffee/dark chocolate. But an excellent cigar nonetheless.
My favorite Maduro Hemingway was the Short Story.
For other AF maduros I really only liked the Double Chateau in a maduro .

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to always have a box of 858 madoro and short story on hand. Both solid cigars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The last 858 I had left over from my nc hiatus was a maduro, and I really didn't care for it for some reason as I used to love them.
Going to give the 858 sun grown a chance though

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
R44, Don Carlos #4, 8-5-8 Natural, and - for something off the beaten path - the Cuban Corona.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The last 858 I had left over from my nc hiatus was a maduro, and I really didn't care for it for some reason as I used to love them.
Going to give the 858 sun grown a chance though

I've never had the sun grown, but I bet it's a good cigar.

I also forgot Don Carlos #3. That's probably my favorite one that's not too expensive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk