What's new

Favorite Beers?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thats the one stout I just cannot drink... It just has this... taste or something that I cannot stand.
:dunno:
That's the taste of desire baby. Josh, you just named another of my fav beers! Oh and if you can get your hands on "Old Engine Oil" that is a fantastic beer for bitter cold nights.

For the record, I'm a poor college student as well but Asheville is blessed with an incredible beer selection.

bocker

Joe
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
mmmm....beer

Blue Moon - all variations
Grimbergen Blond
Sam Adams - all but particularly White, Summer, Octoberfest, Hefeweizen
Long Trail

Miller Lite - when I know people are coming over

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of my favorites are

Weyerbackers Old Heathen & Merry Monk
Troegs, Hop Back Amber & Troegenator Double Bock
BBW, Rude Elfs Revenge
Yuengling, Porter, Lager, Black & Tan
El Presidente
Smithwicks

I could go on but there are just too many good beers out there, and not enough time to drink them all!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to disagree there is some beer I would rather not drink. To me keystone, natty ice, etc are not worth drinking. To me a beer should taste like a beer and not water with alcohol added. While this might be the preference for a lot of college students, I enjoy the flavor and aroma of a complex beer.
I agree completely. If I can't afford to pick up something I like then I just won't drink. I drink beer for the flavor, not the alcohol content.:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Forgot a couple...

Guinness Foreign Export, sold in the Caribbean & completely different from what you get here. Sweet & over 7%

Dragon Stout from Jamaica

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've never written down all the brews I get regularly/really like. This was a fun/enlightening exercise:

Mackeson XXX Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Sam Adams Cream Stout
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Guinness (draft is best)
Murphy's Irish Stout
Newcastle Brown Ale
Sam Adams Hefeweizen
Leinenkugel Honey Weiss
Hoegaarden White Ale
Blue Moon Belgian White
Shiner Dunkelweizen (i know there are better dunks out there, i just don't have ready access to any of them..)

I drink Modelo with mexican food occasionally. Yuengling is ubiquitous in this area. I'll have one if there's nothing else around.

coppereagl

Not looking for trouble, but if it finds me....;)
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Being a ex liquor store employee/homebrewer/beer fanatic! i have tried hundreds of beers, and will continue devoting my palate to trying more!
:ccool:

But as my favorites, I have listed the top five you will find in my fridge at any given time;
Coor Light (a staple for a colorado native!)
Breckenridge 471 IPA (IPA fans if you havent tried this, get it!)
Fat tire (New Belgium Brewery can be hard to obtain on the east coast)
Dogfish Head 90min (Dogfish Head brewery! the godfathers of IPA!)
YuengLing (this one is hard to get on the west coast, but I stock up whenever I can!)

God I cant wait to get home on leave and get into some cold ones!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've never written down all the brews I get regularly/really like. This was a fun/enlightening exercise:

Mackeson XXX Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Sam Adams Cream Stout
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Guinness (draft is best)
Murphy's Irish Stout
Newcastle Brown Ale
Sam Adams Hefeweizen
Leinenkugel Honey Weiss
Hoegaarden White Ale
Blue Moon Belgian White
Shiner Dunkelweizen (i know there are better dunks out there, i just don't have ready access to any of them..)

I drink Modelo with mexican food occasionally. Yuengling is ubiquitous in this area. I'll have one if there's nothing else around.

Used to love the Mackeson Stout when it was made in England, but the stuff made here doesn't have the same body or flavor.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My favorite beer is "Free Beer". If I have to pay for it, it is usually a Stone Brewery product...IE Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Jason
AMEN!!! It sucks that I live in the midwest though, really hard to track down there stuff, and when I do find it, the selection is always limited! The Double Bastard Ale and Old Guardian Barleywine Style Ale is great as well!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dogfish Head 90min (Dogfish Head brewery! the godfathers of IPA!)
Dogfish Head makes some incredible beer,and some incredibly weird beer, and it makes me proud to live in Delaware :)

I had their Fort recently, brewed with "with a ridiculous amount of pureed raspberries." I love raspberries, but it wasn't something I'd have too often. 18% ABV!!! Yike...

Their World Wide Stout is wunnerful when you can get it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk of beer and not a single mention of Moose Drool? By far one of my top five along with Sam Adams Winter or Boston (only from tap).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All this talk of beer and not a single mention of Moose Drool? By far one of my top five along with Sam Adams Winter or Boston (only from tap).
Its in my list. One of my top 3 Brown ales. Moose Drool is a fantastic beer, though most of Big Skys offerings are good, except their IPA. Tastes like Lysol to me.

coppereagl

Not looking for trouble, but if it finds me....;)
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dogfish Head makes some incredible beer,and some incredibly weird beer, and it makes me proud to live in Delaware :)
My overall top pick is the 120min IPA, this triple IPA is on another level, it could do battle with a good cognac and come out on top. But I listed only my top five, based on what I stock consistently. The 120min will also do battle with your wallet and be declared the one an only Highlander!

Have you been to their brewery? I have heard rumors of a hop tower, they will pour your beer through to "Hop it up". Sounds like something I could wrap my arms around and run out the damn door with.
:ccool:

and Bill, I feel ya, Im a sucker for a good wheat beer too.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's the taste of desire baby. Josh, you just named another of my fav beers! Oh and if you can get your hands on "Old Engine Oil" that is a fantastic beer for bitter cold nights.

For the record, I'm a poor college student as well but Asheville is blessed with an incredible beer selection.
Ole Engine Oil. Nice beer. My sister used to send it to me when she lived in Indy. I wish I could get it here.