What's new

Favorite Bottle Shops/Pubs in Western WA?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'd love to hear some favorite places for craft beer around the Sound. Sorry to all the out of town brothers who this thread wont apply to.

Here's mine:

Chuck's Hop Shop on 85th in Greenwood--opening a new location in the C.D. near 20th and Union--is outstanding in their selection, both taps and bottles.

Elliot Bay Pizza in Millcreek: Brian always has some hard to find gems on tap and the foods great too.

The Red House, in Renton

The Dog and Pony, also in Renton

I'm getting thirsty just listing them :)

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I live a little farther south so I never really get to drink up there in Seattle.

Favorite bottle shop: 99 bottles (Federal Way), Lets just say I am on my 3rd punch card(99 punches) so I might be a loyal customer. Tiffany is one of the co-owners and knows everything about thousands of beers. She is like a mobile beer encyclopedia and has tastings every Wednesday for $1. They have 1200-1300 different beers on the shelves and all are reasonably priced. If you are looking for a HTF beer, that is a great place to go.

Second favorite bottle shop: Total Wine, they have a few locations. They just opened one here in Tukwilla, but their selection lacked the HTF's I was looking for but had an amazing selection of beer and wine. Only complaint is the staff isn't as helpful as 99 bottles but they often have cheaper prices.

Local bar: Airways brewing has a bistro and taphouse here in Kent. They are near and dear to me because they are the only brewery in Kent. But their beers like Sky Hag are unbelievable and they are doing great things.

Favorite Irish Pub: A Terrible Beauty (Renton), LOVE this place. They have killer Irish food and like 30 beers on tap. Easy location but crappy parking.

Brewery Tour: The Red Hook brewery(Woodenville), has a great tour that they run a few times a day. Their happy hour is fantastic and for mass produced beer, the place is packed so its a fun happy hour to attend after your tour. They are remodeling the usual bar so it is currently being held upstairs. Black Raven brewery is very close as well and went there after we went to the Red Hook. Make sure you get Grandfather Raven if they have it on tap. I drank it 2 weeks ago there and it blew my mind.

Drinks & Cigars: Smokey Joes(Fife): Amazing cigar selection and beverage choices. Pretty much unanimously agreed to be the best cigar bar in our area.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks Nick,

99 bottles is wonderful, like a kid in a candy shop. Its been a few years since I made it down there and will make it a point to stop next time I go to S. Joes. I read you have drank over 400 different varieties, well done! Do you use an app to record them all?

Airways is a brewery I've not been too and that's a shame, because I do love their Sky Hag and its just a short trip from my old neighborhood--good recommendation.

My Renton friends frequent A Terrible Beauty (great name) some what often, so I'll have to tag along and give it a shot. Try the Dog and Pony (North Renton), its a bit of a hole in the wall but they usually have a great craft beer selection.

I love Black Raven and sadly have never tried their Grandfather Raven (nice score). Love their beak tweaker and Trickster of course and I want to attend their yearly "flock party".
Last I was in there one of Red Hooks long time brewers was bellied up to the bar and is a regular--he knows good beer when he sees it, made me chuckle.

Which bottles do you recommend from Smokey Joe's. My first time their--9 days ago--I drank American Brewing Co. ipa, and Silver City's Saint Florian ipa.

Thanks again, brother for the great response and suggestions. :applause:

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have been keeping a spreadsheet on excel to keep track. I just got Untapped and am currently working to update it so I can have a mobile database with me at all times.

You will like Terrible Beauty. The waitresses were cute plaid skirts too :eyebrow:

I am not sure what beers Smokey Joes currently. I just remember seeing some Ninkasi and stuff like that served. I usually go for a some rum when I go to the lounge,