What's new

Favorite Bourbon

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is everyone's favorite bourbon to sip on?

I always try to keep a decent selection around the house. One of my favorite to drink any time is johnny drum.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Eagle Rare. Inexpensive and delicious when I can get it at a store run by a rational person.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
George T Stagg. But as my samplings continue I relize just how many amazing bourbons are out there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Being pretty new to cigars, I have a question that I suspect is going to get answers across the board. My father, being the connoisseur that he was, got me started on two wonderful, but expensive (for me as a then-young working man) treats: Pommeral French wine and single malt scotch. On his birthday every year I drink a couple of fingers of the latter to his memory. The Pommeral I drink whenever I can find it.

My Pop was never a bourbon drinker, but a friend of mine got me started on Makers a few years ago. I had almost given up spirits, but now that I am smoking cigars I would like to sample bourbons and scotch in pairings with cigars. Which of the two spirits tastes better with CC's? Also, is there a "best" review site for both scotch and bourbon?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Has anyone been on the KY bourbon tour? We did it for my bday two years ago and then again this past April for my bachelor party. It's a really good time , and you get to to try free bourbon.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bourbon doesn't have to be from Ky, as long as its aged in American oak barrels for a min of two years and is not blended with any water or other ingredients before bottling its a bourbon.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
jack is NOT a bourbon, it is a tenessee. big differentiaor there is charcoal filtration. it is, however, a very kindred spirit, and close enough it makes little difference.

bourbon: NEW charred oak, 2yr minimum age, 51% corn in a mash bill of corn, wheat rye, and/or malted barley. and used to be kentucky only, but no longer.

trust a redneck. o)