What's new

Favorite Box

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As I said elsewhere, my current project is to stash 300 gars of my fave blends to age six months. I stash them by the box load. My last box was my fave. This box is my new fave. In all likelihood, the next box will be my next fave. Nevertheless, loookit this real nice Soneros box:

Isn't that a cutie? Holds 39 Uppowoc Perfectos in three rows of 13:

Eleven to go. Ten in the mold today.

Soneros. Love that box.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here's my new fave box:

Simple, elegant, understated. The inside is even better:

I like that brazo y hojas logo.
Aganorsa = Agricola Ganadera Norteña S.A. They grow leaf in Nicaragua. Tabsa = an enigma.

This box will hold twenty Post Prandial Perfectos -- those strong little peckerheads I described elsewhere, which you'd better have dined before you smoke one of 'em.

Cigar boxes are art. Soon, that art'll be all plastered over with warning labels, so grab the good lookin' boxes while you can.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
An elegant box is a wunnerful thing; even if a bit ornate:

Check out the art inside:

Has a potent cedar aroma, which I have high hopes these guys will pick up:

The band looks like apricots; but it's actually a yoyo. Here's one pasted to the bottom of the box:

1 small leaf criollo ligero
1 medium leaf criollo seco
1 medium leaf criollo viso
FXSS CT shade binder
FXSS CT shade wrapper

That CT soaks up water unreal. I am trying out a new method intended to help them dry out faster: I have left each head uncapped, and trimmer it back a bit.

Each holds 24. I roll in batches of ten. Therefore, after I fill the box I have six left over to dip into. I actually have 3 identical boxes. I can't see wanting 3x24=72 criollos. They are too sweet and spicy for daily use. So I may shift these into another box, and instead devote all 3 Hoja boxes to Uppowoc Matalotos -- which are a real good staple to have stashed.

Love cigar boxes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Room 101 Big Payback is a fine cigar, comes fifty in a box. Best thing about this box is it has an inch and a quarter flange:

Bigger flange than any either humidor I own. A fine seal. I use this box to stash home rolls people have sent me. I just stash them; I never seem to smoke them.... tho I had to give away a dozen fat habano churchills from wuzzisname in Virginia, just now, to the guy across the street, in order to make room for the stash BrewinHooligan sent me. I ought to start smokin them. Some day when my money tree finally fruits I may buy a box of Payback Chavalas and smoke the contents just to get another box. I could prolly fit sixty Uppowoc Perfectos in one of these, if I cut them short and capped them stubby.

A delicious cedary spicy odor in these boxes, too. Great place to age a blend.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I always loved the old Don Lino Africa boxes. Terrible cigars but a humidor quality box. I'll get a pic of one at some point.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've always liked a heart shaped box...;)

Edit July 2017:
I guess we don't have any Nirvana fans...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Three dozen parejos, stuffed with 2 leaves corojo seco, bound with 1 leaf dominican volado, wrapped with half a small leaf of Larry Butcher's Kentuck,y grown un-fermented Florida Sumatra, all went to stash today, to age six months:

I wish this box had a flange. Otherwise, I rerally like it. I'll triple wrap this dude in cling wrap to help keep it sealed, soon as the damp blotches dry off the wrapper.

Don't worry, I set aside a couple more for ... who the heck was that who wanted to try some? Send me your address.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Too effin hot to smoke on the porch unless 3am. So, since I was asleep at three, it being a work day... I dropped in at the closest cigar lounge to my office. Found this neat box for sale surplus (knife for scale):

Got a faux mold thing going on, complete with pegs ... but not inside the gar compartment itself.

Not in love with the plywood, but had to score it.

p.s. They have a bog wide screen TV there at the lounge, but, thankfully it was off... otherwise would have had to listen to "russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, ... take a deep breath ... "russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, "
russia, russia, russia,
russia, russia,
russia, russia, russia,
russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia, russia,

That's the one thing I hate about that lounge.