What's new

Favorite cheapies/machine mades?

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
What's your favorite cheap and/or machine-made Habano?

I had a short window yesterday where I could duck out for a smoke, so I lit up a La Flor de Cano petit corona from the 5x5 pack I got a few weeks ago. It was really nice. A little rough around the edges and not incredibly sophisticated, but very good for the price.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Dare I say it. . .Chicos. . .:) Most of the time I opt for a Short though, which I consider a "cheapie". . .

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have just started into machine made Cuban cigars. Mainly because I have found a good number of them stashed around my various humidors. I like Monte Joyitas, minis from R&J and Cohiba, PL somethingorother, and several more I can't bring to mind. You can buy machine made minis for less than 50 cents a cigar. They are a great 10 / 15 minute smoke with a cup of coffee or espresso.
Mostly all are at least 10+ yrs old as I felt like some of you. Guess what, not anymore. These are hidden gems and a pleasure to smoke.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
PLPCs are under 5 bucks a stick by the cab... so those and Partagas Shorts are probably my favorites. I've had some Partagas Mille Fleurs and JLP Cremas that were pretty good, simple sticks too.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
How are the LSD and LFCS?? never had them.:scratchhe
They are both admittedly a bit one-dimensional. The Los Statos to me have more of the normal twang of a premium CC. The Selectos taste much like the LFdC PC, so if you like that profile, it's a cheap (not that the PC aren't) smoke. To me they have a light to medium body, slightly herbaceous taste.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything called "belvederes"...at 40$ a box in havana...not cheap machine made cigars but cheap compared to totalimente cigars...not hard to find 10 years of box age either.

best of all these(belvederes of any kind)have proven to me that mm cigars age and age well...at 22 years belinda belvederes are a really good cigar and at 19 years upmann belvederes are coming into their own...'98 bolivar belvederes still need time(for me)...yet all are quite smokable in 3 to 5 years.

warning...because of the shape...people that have never smoked one will often pitch one because they are/were plugged...at about 5 puffs they open right up(from a tight to really tight draw)and smoke quite normally.

derrek

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
He said cheap and/or machine made...

I'm with you on the machine made... but I think there are good cheapies out there.

So... my vote goes to Parti Shorts!!!
Yes, Party shorts have blown me away upon first smoke and continue to be amazing to this day. Very good smoke, actually amazing for me.

Don't think I've done any machine mades but for the price point the shorts can't be beat.

nubchin

cigar dreamin 24h
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both admittedly a bit one-dimensional. The Los Statos to me have more of the normal twang of a premium CC. The Selectos taste much like the LFdC PC, so if you like that profile, it's a cheap (not that the PC aren't) smoke. To me they have a light to medium body, slightly herbaceous taste.
Thanks brother. I'll try them some day ,,, :grin:

anything called "belvederes"...at 40$ a box in havana...not cheap machine made cigars but cheap compared to totalimente cigars...not hard to find 10 years of box age either.

best of all these(belvederes of any kind)have proven to me that mm cigars age and age well...at 22 years belinda belvederes are a really good cigar and at 19 years upmann belvederes are coming into their own...'98 bolivar belvederes still need time(for me)...yet all are quite smokable in 3 to 5 years.
derrek
Aren't they Totalmente a Mano? Atleast for RyJ Party Belv?

My favorite low end goodies

1 Party Shorts 50cab - PLPC
2 Party Shorts 25(stronger) - Aristocrats (milder) ( they go pare for me )
3 Rafael Gonz Panetela Extra ( the best freakin TC till now )
4 RyJ Mille F

lenguamor

Puto por NINFAS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your favorite cheap and/or machine-made Habano?

I had a short window yesterday where I could duck out for a smoke, so I lit up a La Flor de Cano petit corona from the 5x5 pack I got a few weeks ago. It was really nice. A little rough around the edges and not incredibly sophisticated, but very good for the price.
Absolutely. Any LFdC...with some age, heavenly.