What's new

Favorite Pairings?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like cheese, chocolate, or fruit with a fine wine, what do you like to have with your cigars? What have you found best compliments the different types of blends and wrappers? What are your favorites?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I don't recall the brand, but a friend of mine gave me a bottle of sherry a while back. I drank a glass or two with an LFD Double Ligero, and that was probably the best combination I've ever found. On its own, the sherry was too sweet for me, thick and syrupy, with a boiled raisin flavor. And while I like LFD DLs, they can be overpowering. But together? Absolutely perfect.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Alot of the guys use cheese or chocolate to clean there pallet in-between smokes.
Pairing a cigar with Zaya Rum or Zacapa Rum is excellent.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ive enjoyed a glass if Cockburns 10 or 20 yr tawny port with a cigar. A while back I thought I was doing myself a favor by smoking a padron 80th after drinking a half bottle of makers mark. The cigar just tasted like whisky. Waste of a cigar.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm simple and enjoy a Coke or even a Maker's and Coke with my smoke. Sometimes I'll have an iced mocha. Other times it's just water. I have to have a drink when I smoke though, alcoholic or not.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
For me it will never be the same thing all the time. Last year I smoke a 97 Sancho Panza Sancho with. a bottle of Barolo and it was amazing. Not a huge wine guy so the wine did wonders for the cigar even if not the same the other way around.

Posted via Mobile Device

blind2reason

My Mom Thinks I'm Cool
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that Dr. Pepper is a good compliment to some smokes, currently in a dry country so my options are limited..:sadpace:

Whistlebritches

NON SIBI SED PATRIAE
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found nothing better than a nice dark roasted coffee to bring out the best/worst in most cigars.Don't get me wrong......on a hot July afternoon I'm not drinking coffee.I just try to sample all new smokes early AM with coffee.Once I have a handle on the cigar I'll branch out from there.

Some cigars were just made to accompany coffee,like my beloved Bolivar PC,CE's and SCdlH El Principe and Oficios.They just don't have the same effect on me later in the day with any other beverage.

The RASS for example I love with a good bourbon..........just made for each other IMHO.The RyJ Ex #4 goes fantastically with most available raspberry iced teas.Another fave is the DPG Blue torp,cg and preferido.....this blend just screams for a nice brew......I love these with Moose Drool(a Montana Brown Ale I consider to be one of the finest in the world).They also pair well with a good stout/porter such as Ol Rasputin Imperial Stout.

As you can see I let the cigar dictate its partner in pleasure.........But I always burn that first one with a good cup of joe.

Just my .02
Ron