What's new

Favorite smoking situation...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What's yours? Mine's sitting somewhere, be it the back porch, a balcony, whatever, with a drink and a book. No distractions, just me and the cigar.

Second after that would be smoking with friends...but for truly enjoying and "discovering" a cigar nothing beats the situation above.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Lawn chair that allows me to relax and put my feet up...

Cold bottle of water....

Cool breeze, the type where jeans and a sweatshirt are comfortable...

and a nice sized campfire.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jwrussell said:
What's yours? Mine's sitting somewhere, be it the back porch, a balcony, whatever, with a drink and a book. No distractions, just me and the cigar.

Second after that would be smoking with friends...but for truly enjoying and "discovering" a cigar nothing beats the situation above.
Ditto and Ditto

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really like smoking in the backyard on a nice day, nuthin but me nature and a fine cigar. I also enjoy herfing with the local brothers, especially at the Ritz :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I long for the day when I can get up on a nice Saturday or Sunday morning and relax on my deck or front porch with some good homeroast coffee, a cigar and a book. Or unwind after work in the same manner. Unfortunately my current circumstances don't permit that so it's just a faraway dream for now. I have to settle for late night cigars that keep me up long after I should have been in bed.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Funny you say that about tha porch Brian...I just told my wife last night that when we retire, in like 30+ years, I am going to devote at least three days a week to just spending the morning on the front porch smoking and rocking in a rocking chair

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My all time favorite situation/time to enjoy a nice cigar is after the weather has started to warm up and the mornings are in the 60's like right now. I like to take a cup of coffee and the cigar of the day and head for the porch a little before sunrise. Just me, my smoke & coffee and the sounds of the wildlife waking up for the morning.

Since there aren't any local brothers that also enjoy cigars, that's my most pleasureable time to smoke.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think i might have just had my new favority smoking place..... Sat on my deck with a nice cuban, a nice book, and my puppy.....

i might just try and have one right around sunset... and watch the sunset over the Atlanta Skyline....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Couple of times come to mind:

Cool mornings with a good cup of coffee out on the back porch or in the backyard.

Early evening, just when the sunlight starts to dim - same place.

A lot of times, in the evening, my oldest (13) will come out back and join me because she likes the aroma, and we usually chat about whatever's on her mind (which I really treasure, especially since I know it won't last forever)

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Perfect situation for me is early in the AM on a Saturday or Sunday morning, just me, the dog, cup of coffee and a nice cigar. Relaxing outside in the cool (for now) morning air with a P. Short or Lonsdale is great. I usually smoke in the evening which is nice also, but something about waking up and starting your day off right is very enjoyable.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On our campus we have a walking path that overlooks a HUGE prairie that is great for a solitary smoke. Goes great with some coffee. I also like going for a walk with the buddies. I like having something to drink while I smoke, seems to heighten the flavor and keep the after taste much better.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Mostly in the backyard either poolside or screened porch, with a cold beverage. I do like getting together with BOTL folks for HERF cause I don;t know anyone in town as nuts as I am about cigars. I would just drive them crazy.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Whenever I can relax and share a cigar with someone else. Laxslayer and his wife come over Sunday nights for dinner. My best memories are leaving the dishes to the ladies, (we cook), retiring to the cigar lounge and lighting up something special. Sometimes its talk, maybe a movie but its the companionship of sharing this hobby with my son and watching him try new stock, that makes it real.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
On my porch with nothing else bothering me except mother nature. Next would be at the smoke shoppe.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I love a lot of settings. Tailgating at concerts, cigar den, a nice bar, ultimately, with good friends, good coversation and good smokes.