What's new

Favorite Steak

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
T-Bone cooked medium rare and rubbed with Spade-L-Ranch steak rub at least 1/2 hour before bbqing. CHARCOL GRILL ONLY!!!!!! :angel: Welcome to heaven

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Never heard of blue rare. But that sounds good on my prime rib.
Blue rare, Black and Blue, or even Pittsburgh reffers to it being cooked very hot, so that the outside chars a bit, or sear to seal in all the juice, while you got the rarest you can think on the inside.
On a good grill your talking a few minutes on either side... let it sit for a bit, and enjoy.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Blue rare, Black and Blue, or even Pittsburgh reffers to it being cooked very hot, so that the outside chars a bit, or sear to seal in all the juice, while you got the rarest you can think on the inside.
On a good grill your talking a few minutes on either side... let it sit for a bit, and enjoy.
Got it!l To think all these years I liked it blue rare and didn't even know it! :grin:

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Just got back from Ruth's Chris...Filet Mignon was very good!

Too bad it was a work related party, else I would have brought something nice from the humi! ;)

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Just got back from Ruth's Chris...Filet Mignon was very good!

Too bad it was a work related party, else I would have brought something nice from the humi! ;)
That's the place with the 500ºF plates right?
I've been kind of wanting to check that place out.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
20 oz of thick Ribeye. Hit it with a little bit of my special seasoning and let it sit uncovered on a cutting board all day long (watch the pets). When it starts looking a little crusty, throw it on a super hot grill for about 4 minutes a side. Serve with a Caesar salad and a bottle of good red wine.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
you know what... each person likes a certain thing... but I cannot understand how anyone likes fillet so much?? It's great for cooking with, but on the grill?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also a fan of the chuck eye at home on the grill. The marbled fat gives it a just freaking amazing flavor and texture and the price enables me to have them semi-regularly.

Out though, I'll usually order a New York Strip or a ribeye.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Now this is more of a roast but I like it sliced at thick steak proportions. Tri-tip (bottom sirloin) Medium-medium rare. I love the heavy grain of the cut and the flavor is awesome with some of the aformentioned montreal steak seasoning and a hot grill.