What's new

Favorite Stout?

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Figured since there's a thread for IPAs......prolly should be one for the Stout lovers out there as well...to share their faves and turn some folks on to new stuff they may not have tried.

I'm not going to make any distinction on Imperial, Porter, Oatmeal, Milk etc. etc..if it's a "stout" of any variety, it qualifies here...

My current favorites:

Port Brewing Old Viscosity
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Deschutes Abyss - wish I would've been drinking craft beers longer, so I could've stocked up on some of these back when they started making it in 4-5 years ago.

Side note...that perhaps can be addressed. I've heard/read Stouts "age" better than any other style of beer....but have never actually tried an aged Stout. If anyone cares to share thoughts there....i'd love to hear em'.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Not having tried as many stouts as some, I would agree with mthhurley regarding the Goose Island Bourbon County Rare. I picked up three bottles late last year and the first was good with the second really nice while letting the third just sit till the winter holidays.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Haven't tried enough to be able to really say. I tend ot keep some of the various Sam Adams Stouts on hand, but I've not yet come across a good place to pick up the more esoteric stuff. Heck, I wasn't even aware you can age beer, but now that I know I'm probably in trouble. For those interested:

Some beers really do get better with age

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Founders Breakfast Stout
Mikkeller Black
Bells Expedition Stout

Top three for me, not for the faint of heart, all high gravity beers above 9abv, think the Black is pushing 14-16abv.

Cheers

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Haven't tried enough to be able to really say. I tend ot keep some of the various Sam Adams Stouts on hand, but I've not yet come across a good place to pick up the more esoteric stuff. Heck, I wasn't even aware you can age beer, but now that I know I'm probably in trouble. For those interested:

Some beers really do get better with age
Good article there.....thanks for posting that.

And I really only started paying attention to the "age" thing because the Abyss labels read best to be drank after Nov. 2011. So...I'm trying to acquire some more to do just that and see if I can tell/taste any difference.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Does anyone know of a chocolate Cherry stout or porter? My GF has been searching for one for the longest time.
Can't say as I have Andy.....maybe someone else has though...

Has she tried the regular Chocolate Stouts? My wife is not a beer drinker whatsoever...mostly wine, and vodka type concoctions....

But her hands down favorite beer ever is the Rogue Chocolate. She keeps drinking my stash...:stickbeat....but that alone has helped her embrace the addition of this beer tasting endeavor I've been on, so I try to buy a couple extras so I can at least drink one here and there.

I know others who love the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, but that's on my "to-try" list.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
yeah she likes that. But wants a cherry flavor added to it. Her favorite beer is Brown's Cherry Raspberry Ale. Its not overyly fruity, but still a little too much more tastes.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
yeah she likes that. But wants a cherry flavor added to it. Her favorite beer is Brown's Cherry Raspberry Ale. Its not overyly fruity, but still a little too much more tastes.
Pour a splash of fuggin' grenadine in it then, and call it a day! :laugh:

scoop

Founders Whore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to go with,
Canadian Breakfast Stout
Kentucky Breakfast Stout
and, Breakfast Stout.

Can you tell I like Founders?