What's new

Favorite Tatuaje cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The East Coast is still my favorite by far. Just wish they were still available and I wasn't forced to ration out the last handful I have left. Other than that the original CG and the new Petite Lancero Black are a close second and third.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Regular Production (in rough order, but I love all of these):
Noella
Especiales
La Riqueza lonsdale and petite corona
Fausto robusto
Black PL
Verocu #5
PCR
El Triunfador (original blend lancero)
El Triunfador #6
La Casita Criolla corona
Petite Tatuaje / Petite Tatuaje Reserva
J21
Cabaiguan
NHC natural
Verocu #9
Angeles
Victorias
and there are a whole lot more that I'll happily smoke :)

LEs:
When the OG Verocu (i.e. East and West) were fully "on," which was the 12-24/30 month range, they were the best Tats ever.

Next comes the Barclay-Rex 100th, followed closely by the Pork Tenderloin. Then comes the Black cg from the jar and the Boris.

After that it's tougher, but the NCH Capa Especial, Wolfman, and La Verite 2009 are current favorites, with the TAA quickly gaining ground (those are coming along pretty quickly, actually).

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Oh, and I 2nd the advice to try some aged Brown labels ... so good. The Unicos loose some of the punch, but they become really smooth and actually develop a creamy character as well. The Noella and Especiales are just flat out crazy good with age ... better than most Cubans, imvho.

And I think all the Broadleaf wrappers age very well. I don't even smoke the La Riqueza (Pete's FIRST broadleaf cigar!) or the El Triunfador Lancero Especial until they've aged for at least 18-months ... both those sticks are in the same caliber and profile as the Liga Privada #9s (which also need to be aged). Aged, those are all favorites.