What's new

Favorite Wine and Cigar pairings

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've enjoyed cigars with just about every alcoholic beverage.....except wine.

What are your favorite pairings?

I had a Cabernet Sauvignon with a CAO Icon the other day that when paired made both enjoyable. Cabs tend to be a bit to acidic, dense and tannic for me and the cigar was just kind of kick you in the teeth . When paired the harsher elements of both where tamed and the more nuanced favors came to the front.

When I look at my wine cabinets almost 60% of our bottles are Pinot Noir so that probably says something about the type of wine I enjoy most but I'm still learning and experimenting with new combinations is half the fun.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Interesting thread. I don't think I've once had a cigar with wine of any sort. Now I'm wanting to try a big beastly Shiraz with a maduro.
I’ve had Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro with a Tempranillo twice, and it was a GREAT pairing!! At least, for me it was. Everyone’s different, but that really popped for me.
Typically with most non-Maduros I only drink sparkling water with a little bit of cranberry juice, or an espresso with a little steamed milk. With some, the sparkling water and cranberry brings out some dried fruit and raisin... really good! I also love wheated bourbon with a Monte 4, but I imagine a merlot or claret could pair well with one. Have to try and see!