What's new

FDA Releases Proposed Regulations

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Got a Response Today.

Dear Mr. Veeninga:
* * * * * * Thank you for contacting me about the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2013 (S.772). I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.
On April 18, 2013, Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) introduced S.772. This bill would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to exempt traditional, large and premium cigars from regulation by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Additionally, it would waive the user fees the FDA assesses on tobacco products. This legislation has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions for further review. Similar legislation (H.R.792) has been introduced in the House of Representatives and referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
Should this issue come before the full Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Carl Levin

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I am not mistaken Cigar Afficiando tweeted that the numbers for 2013 cigar sales had been released and they had surpassed the sales of the 90s cigar boom.

Just when the industry is starting to boom, they could possibly stifle that at a time when this country is struggling to come out of a recession still.

Genius.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If I am not mistaken Cigar Afficiando tweeted that the numbers for 2013 cigar sales had been released and they had surpassed the sales of the 90s cigar boom.

Just when the industry is starting to boom, they could possibly stifle that at a time when this country is struggling to come out of a recession still.

Genius.
Makes total sense... :argh: