What's new

February is the End-All!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's nearly official, gentlemen. The biggest decision of my life awaits me. Tuesday, I head to Spokane, WA to take my initial tests, be sworn in, and apply for placement in a couple MOSs. Until February 1, 2006 I will be in the Marine Corps delayed entry program; giving me time to become more physically fit, mentally prepared, and ready myself for the life change that surely will occur. Am I anxious? Of course I am. But as God as my witness, I feel that I can confidently walk into that office and give at least four years of my life to the people and country I so dearly love. I realize that it will not be easy, but I am counting on that fact to make me a better person and truly experience what it means to belong to something bigger than myself.

I thank all of you for your support, wisdom that comes only with age, and guidance.

The second biggest decision is which cigar to smoke when Tuesday is over :hysterica

~Eric Favilla

P.S. Todd, I will be calling you tomorrow. I was called into work early today.

Oh yeah, and when I do ship out, you guys will have to write. I'll be sure to give you the address.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Congrats and best of luck! Such a big decision and it seems you put a lot of thought into it!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Write, send care packages, it's all good. :wink: Congrats Eric. That's a huge decision you made there, but it sounds like you thought it out first. Congratulations!