What's new

Fencing or Archery?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Any brothers into either Fencing or Archery? I've always been curious about both but never taken the plunge. Any insight would be great to read.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I used to be heavy into archery when I was younger.

Lots of fun. Like anything, can be expensive if you get in deep.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I toy with bows/archery... Not really serious about it or anything.. Just another hunting tool for me really...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am just starting archery and like it so far... I built some fences too, but it's just too much dang work:devilhead
Bahahahaha nicely played. I now hunt but fencing always seemed odd to me I don't know why. Can't use your other hand. I'm pretty sure if I had a sword and someone else with a sword came at me I'd most definitely use the free hand.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I know my nephew in Idaho has lathed his own bow, and gone out to bag some deer... all when he was 12 years old. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. I am just interested in target shooting in my backyard. Then with the fencing, I like the idea of sword fighting (like when I was a kid) but now being a source of aerobic exercise.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sean, I used to do archery in high school - owned a few cool bows that are probably now lost in my dad's storage units.

There used to be a few indoor ranges, included on on Miramar Road, I suspect they are also still open - though we set one up inside the garage and one in the backyard backed with hay stacks, but still resulted in several arrows going in the neighbors yard.

So far as fencing, I know there is a scene here in San Diego. One of Kim's stoner hs buddies's families wrote a whole book on it, released a clothing line, etc and i think even do lessons.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
...One of Kim's stoner hs buddies's families wrote a whole book on it, released a clothing line, etc and i think even do lessons.
It sounds so temping... taking lessons from "Kim's stoner buddy." Swords and Weed? This sounds like the beginning to some bad D&D session...

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
...One of Kim's stoner hs buddies's families wrote a whole book on it, released a clothing line, etc and i think even do lessons.
It sounds so temping... taking lessons from "Kim's stoner buddy." Swords and Weed? This sounds like the beginning to some bad D&D session...

Alright...I almost inhaled my Fausto reading this chit laughing my ass off...very funny...

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Too much finesse. When can we blow shit up?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Come see me bro I got canons that take 1+ lbs each time it fires. Hell we even put computers on top, load them in cars etc even do a lil stick fishing at times lol;)

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
What's funny half the time I got caps no sticks or sticks no caps lol I really need to pursue a license for this shyte before I end up in fed cust playing golf in va. Lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to play with a bow when I was younger. I've been wanting to get back into it, and I've been thinking bout a crossbow, instead of a compound. It's definitely a lot of fun, and the added benefit of being quiet and not having as many restrictions as a firearm.

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Too much finesse. When can we blow shit up?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Come see me bro I got canons that take 1+ lbs each time it fires. Hell we even put computers on top, load them in cars etc even do a lil stick fishing at times lol;)
Now this is more my style!
Where do I sign up?? Reminds me of a thing I just watched where a guy built a crazy wooden midevil slingshot that could blow through a car door. That looked fun too!

I'd love to get into archery. Have wanted to since I was a kid and went bow hunting with my dad. Of course...just ask my wife, I don't need another hobby...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took up archery a few yrs back. We have a great range not far from home, it has everything, moving targets (on a cable), uphill shots to 90yards, it takes about 1 1/2 hrs to walk the course, great exercise, I really feel it in my upper back when I'm done. Sometimes we get a little creative w/ our shots; from that stump, through those trees, over the creek and hit the 2'' target 60yards away. :robinhood

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My mom bought me a begining fencing class a few years back as a birthday gift. It was one two hour class with each of the three swords. It was fun and interesting. A very good workout, but lots of practice and more skill and dedication than I have to become good at it. I would say if you're interested though, look into it and take a lesson worst case scenario you get a nice little workout. I know there were lots of groupons for the classes here.