What's new

Filthy Hooligans

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I gotta say I love candelas, especially the 8-5-8 Claro Claro from Fuente. CA also just did a video on the "candela comeback":

http://bcove.me/96z9enir

But they are undoubtedly not for everyone...
Never seen the 8-5-8 Claro Claro.

I've only had the Viaje WLP candela and couldn't finish it. The bouquet was making me nauseous. Gonna try an HL candela this year that's been sitting in my humidor
I had the Viaje Candela as well. It was... Different. Still glad I tried it though haha

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like a good candela from time to time, namely LFD, Illusione. The HL Candela from Illusione is easily my favorite. It's a pain in the ass to keep lit.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had one of the filthy hooligans this past st. patty's day.. I have to say I was really creeped out smoking a green cigar... just the smell of it weirded me out.. veggie/grass- like smell.. I have to say it was good for the occasion.. would not be my first choice in a cigar though..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i like candelas, but this one didnt really do it for me. i will have to try another one to get a better opinion.
Definitely try to have another if possible. I had one and it was full of spice and flavor.. my boyfriend had one at the time too and have to give up and light up the viaje.. there was such a taste difference between the two...then again you could of had a good one and didn't like it at all. worth a second try

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i like candelas, but this one didnt really do it for me. i will have to try another one to get a better opinion.
Definitely try to have another if possible. I had one and it was full of spice and flavor.. my boyfriend had one at the time too and have to give up and light up the viaje.. there was such a taste difference between the two...then again you could of had a good one and didn't like it at all. worth a second try
yea i will. the viaje st patricks is great imo. so is the illusione hl, and the LFD claro. those are my go to candelas for sure

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had a couple on St. Patrick's, and I was disappointed. Meh flavor, but the construction was the biggest issue. The wrapper cracked very badly on one, and on another, the whole wrapper fell off completely. I was at the B&M talking to a few people about this a week later, and many others shared similar experiences. Seems like AB was in a rush to ship them out for St. Patrick's and failed to create a quality product.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I had a couple on St. Patrick's, and I was disappointed. Meh flavor, but the construction was the biggest issue. The wrapper cracked very badly on one, and on another, the whole wrapper fell off completely. I was at the B&M talking to a few people about this a week later, and many others shared similar experiences. Seems like AB was in a rush to ship them out for St. Patrick's and failed to create a quality product.
I've smoked about 3 of them & every one had wrapper cracking issues. Good flavor though.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've smoked about 3 of them & every one had wrapper cracking issues. Good flavor though.
Same issue that I had.

I've got one left sitting in my cooler that I am saving with the hope that with some time it will not explode while I smoke it.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, it seems like the wrapper is really thin and fragile. It was my first candela, and I've heard that Illusione makes better ones. I will have to track one down.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I bought a box when they came out but have only smoked 1. A buddy of mine had one the other day and he loved it. It did seem to stay together for him but I noticed the same fragile wrapper when I had the first one.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm guessing that they rushed these to market in order to take advantage of St. Patrick's day and they probably weren't ready yet. The cracked wrapper is a classic symptom of over humidification.

Taste wise these were pretty good so I'm going to let the one I have left sit in my humidor for another couple of months and it should be in good shape. In the meantime I think I'm going to keep my eyes open for some more to add to the stash :smile:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have smoked a few (one was for the review I did for my podcast). The first one fell apart in the last third, the 2nd was fine but it was put away for a good 6 weeks in the humi at 68..guess that helped the 2nd one.