What's new

finally broke down and bought a humi

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I finally broke down and tossed the tupperware and bought a humi friday, got it on a great deal and just couldn't pass it up! She's resting up and seasoning nicely!

Now I just have to replenish the funds and fill it up. I have a few reserves but not enough to have it 75% full.
View attachment 23136

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
congrats on the purchase. There's nothing like that first humifor. i've still got my first and it hold my prized smokes. It's not my nicest one, but it's the one I cherish the most

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
congrats on the purchase. There's nothing like that first humifor. i've still got my first and it hold my prized smokes. It's not my nicest one, but it's the one I cherish the most
So true! I didn't break the bank with it, but it looks great to me and I know there will be nicer ones in the future, just gotta start somewhere!

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I still have not purchased a humidor, I am planning on making my own since I am a handy carpenter. That and I want my first one to be special.
I wish I had a good hand at carpentry, I would love to have made one.

No doubt making your first one will be special to you! Good luck, brother!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I got the same humidor from CI......I have had some issues with it leaking from the glass top....I strongly suggest sealing it with some clear silicone around the seams where the glass and the wood meet.....makes keeping constant humidity way way way easier.....also don't forget to let it air out for a while.....Just my 2 cents.....might save some grief later...oh and congrats! keeping it in wood is way more fun:)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Congrats! Don't be in too much of a hurry to fill 'er up, though. Or else you'll need a 2nd one before you know it!

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I got the same humidor from CI......I have had some issues with it leaking from the glass top....I strongly suggest sealing it with some clear silicone around the seams where the glass and the wood meet.....makes keeping constant humidity way way way easier.....also don't forget to let it air out for a while.....Just my 2 cents.....might save some grief later...oh and congrats! keeping it in wood is way more fun:)
Thanks for the advice! I have a honey run to home depot list for this afternoon, what are your recommendations on brand for the silicone?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just used clear silicone....not sure what brand it was.....but if I was to do it again..I just might get some aquarium sealant...might be less smelly? Might be the same stuff...

Thanks for the advice! I have a honey run to home depot list for this afternoon, what are your recommendations on brand for the silicone?

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I just used clear silicone....not sure what brand it was.....but if I was to do it again..I just might get some aquarium sealant...might be less smelly? Might be the same stuff...
I'll grab a tub of each and err on the side of caution. Do not want anything to ruin the smokes!

Congrats! Nice box!
Thanks brother!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a very similar one with a tray on top of the dividers. It's great for being able to look into and see the reading on the hygrometer.