What's new

finally found my 'go-to' cigar

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
After many years and many boxes, I've finally found my go-to cigar.

R&J Beli

Not sure why, but it's got the right amount of spice, and pure tobacco flavor for me. Not bad on the wallet either. If I have the time, which most nights I do, to sit down for and hour or so, I'm a happy camper !!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
nice...a favorite "go to smoke" is a nice thing to have. It's sorta like a comfort food when you just need something to help set things right!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cvm4 said:
Nice...I'm still all over the Habanos spectrum these days.
I've never met a Habano that I haven't liked. It could take years to find my "go to" cigar or at least I hope it will take years.

Cheers
Dennis

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
yup, go to's are a good thing. Right now mine is a DC Maximus. Followed by a Ashton VSG. Either one rings my bell.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Congrats, the RyJ belis I've had were tasty and besides the right amount of spice and price they also age very nicely too. Plus unlike alot of my go to favorites you can find them with a couple years on them fairly easy as well.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Awesome man, congrats. I love having a go-to cigar. That way my humidor doesn't dry out while I keep it open to ponder for an hour.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I don't have a go to smoke. Just a lot of cigars I get to smoking.

I really enjoy variety and with the amount of cigars out there it is going to take a long time to get through all of them.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hmm, I may have to try one of these out. I like the RyJ profile, sounds like something right up my alley.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh... If I had to pick my go to smoke it would probably be RyJ Ex.4 followed by HdM PR and than strangely by AF Short Story...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I keep mine open for a good 5-10 minutes sometimes and it doesn't dry out. If it gets low, I add a bit of water to the beads.

doohnibor

Robber of the Poor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longer you can age those RyJ Beli's the better. I've found the spiciness really starts to shine through after 3-4 years.

:robinhood

H

hellbub

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to for me, is something that I can rely upon to be a terrific smoke. For my tastes, that would be a RAG. I'm on my third box in seven years, and I have yet to be disappointed. This is the one I pull out when I just don't want to settle for anything less than stellar. Lusi's at eight years, have recently given them a run for the money though.