What's new

Fing Pay Fail

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
So I am officially done with these bastards. I had sent some money to a brother for a purchase on a group buy of bags. They just sent back the money from him to me. I now have money tied and up with them and it says unless I send them a copy of my photo ID or a bill to confirm my addy I can not access my money. FU pay fail. I have been using Amazon already and its way easier with no fees. These guys are nuts they want way to much of my personal information. I am sending in a bill so I can pull all of my money out then closing this account. Hello MO's or amazon. Sorry to all but after they tried to get my bank account passwords this is the final straw to their invasive activities.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Sorry to all but after they tried to get my bank account passwords this is the final straw to their invasive activities.
They should have no need for your account passwords. I've never been asked for them and I've been using ** for several years. Sounds fishy and I bet it was a scam. Which may also account for you needing to verify who you say you are, if you're account has had problems with security (and I would think you should be able to do that without sending them anything like a bill or certainly not a copy of your id). Not saying they're the best or anything, but there's probably a reason.

Dan

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been using them for years. They do not ask you for any private info in an email. If you get an email that looks like it is from them asking for that or talking about problems with your account, delete it. Then go to their site through your link (not the link sent you by the email, NEVER use those) and contact customer service.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Yeah I've used them consistently for years and never had any issues. They've actually helped out a friend of mine who got scammed :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've been using them for years. They do not ask you for any private info in an email. If you get an email that looks like it is from them asking for that or talking about problems with your account, delete it. Then go to their site through your link (not the link sent you by the email, NEVER use those) and contact customer service.
Yup +1

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
+2 you got a scam in progress.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
wow Trev....Sounds like someones trying to scam you. May not be ** at all. I've never, ever had ** ask me for my bank account passwords and I've been using them since they started. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
good way to avoid phishing:

always make sure you are logged into their secured web site (shttp: ) and also read the url to make sure you havent been re-directed (virus)

do not correspond via e-mail, only phone if you call them or inside their secured site.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Well ... if they refunded his payment to his brother, then that's PPLLL doing that, not a scammer, unless he sent that payment to someone else by mistake. In order for a scammer to have PPLLL refund his payment, they would need to ALREADY have access to his PPLLL account (and not need to get any more info from him).

It seems that PPLLL suspects something is up ... either than someone is not who they say they are, or that TNT is buying cigars via PPLLL (which they will suspend your account for).

Even if they are just buying baggies, PPLLL might not like it if the payment goes to a company that also sells cigars.

TNT: here's what I'd do. Using another computer, go to the PPLLL home page, find the customer service phone number, and give them a call. They should be able to tell you what's up, and if they need something else from you they'll be able to tell you why.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Never had issues with poopail and especially asking for banking passwords. Have to agree that it's phishing. Hope it all gets worked out quickly for you.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
They should have no need for your account passwords. I've never been asked for them and I've been using ** for several years. Sounds fishy and I bet it was a scam. Which may also account for you needing to verify who you say you are, if you're account has had problems with security (and I would think you should be able to do that without sending them anything like a bill or certainly not a copy of your id). Not saying they're the best or anything, but there's probably a reason.

Dan
Just call them and answer questions over the phone. Don't send anything in.
DITTO!!!!! Sounds like you got played brotha!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Never had a problem with them,in fact they've helped me recover hundreds of dollars from various purchases that went bad. I've also gotten messages from "them" requesting info and forwarded the emails to their reporting link which they have always identified the fake poopal as a phishing attempt.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Yeah I got refunded the money from his account. I didnt send it to the wrong one. My fiances brother works for **. He literally is one of their main programers(no joke). I asked him about this and he told me ** is going to start even more security measures such as this and he looked into and it was 100% from them. This was not phishing. ** says its security measures (i say bs but this is their policy now) but he told me there going to beef it up quite a bit so don't be surprised if more comes. I will be interested in seeing if anyone else gets hit up soon.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
What is their reason for the reversal of the transaction and for calling it suspicious activity? If it's as simple as that, I will make sure to take my funds out and start using Amazon payments...

ps... I never use the Gift method as that does seem odd how someone can gift money so many times and the risk is far greater to getting your account suspended. I use "Personal", then "Other" which doesn't have fees either and I've never had a problem. I'm not deceiving PooFail as it really is personal.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah I got refunded the money from his account. I didnt send it to the wrong one. My fiances brother works for **. He literally is one of their main programers(no joke). I asked him about this and he told me ** is going to start even more security measures such as this and he looked into and it was 100% from them. This was not phishing. ** says its security measures (i say bs but this is their policy now) but he told me there going to beef it up quite a bit so don't be surprised if more comes. I will be interested in seeing if anyone else gets hit up soon.
That's why I suggested to call. My password was stolen, and $700 was sent by gift to various random emails. My account was locked and after they refunded the money, I had to provide proof of who i was. Scared of having something else happened, I called and handled everything over the phone. They have treated me right so far. Sorry, would have given more details earlier but was in a rush.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Hmmm...Well if that's the case, I may have a problem with some of these measures as well. So far I haven't been questioned. I'll let you know!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Ah, then you may have just run a foul of the infamous Patriot Act. Having been in the payments business for 15 years and the finance business for 35, this act is causing many, many headaches. We literally must have proof it is you and not some terrorist buying that stuff.