What's new

Finished my garage setup and decided to make my first post

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! How's that exhaust fan work for you?
Scrap
It works great. Only thing I wish it had built in was a countdown timer so I can leave it running for 15-20 minutes after I leave. I solved for that with a timer switch I installed on the circuit. The fan itself works perfectly; plenty of power and very quiet on the lower levels (where I usually leave it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I use an inline fan for exhaust myself - works great
Hi, I am currently converting my sunroom (seperate from my house) into a fully enclosed smoking room. Its TOO hot in the summer here in AZ with just traditional screens. So, my question is exhausting the air out and how to do that. It is about 250 sq ft and I know I need a good amount of cfm's with multiple smokers. I like your inline one used here, would that be a better option than something like this? I have an electrician on hand, so it can either be plug in or hard wired doesn't matter to me. I will also have an in window A/C unit to bring in fresh COLD air! Thank you guys for all your input, its hard to find good advice on this!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am currently converting my sunroom (seperate from my house) into a fully enclosed smoking room. Its TOO hot in the summer here in AZ with just traditional screens. So, my question is exhausting the air out and how to do that. It is about 250 sq ft and I know I need a good amount of cfm's with multiple smokers. I like your inline one used here, would that be a better option than something like this? I have an electrician on hand, so it can either be plug in or hard wired doesn't matter to me. I will also have an in window A/C unit to bring in fresh COLD air! Thank you guys for all your input, its hard to find good advice on this!!
A few more months in and I’m very positive on the inline exhaust fan I installed I. My garage. Does a great job and now that I have a timer it’s the perfect setup. The ability to go from a quiet fan exhausting the smoke of one person to something much more powerful is great given I use some VOC chemicals in my garage. Obviously most smokers wouldn’t have need for something to solve for those dual purposes but it’s great for my situation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more months in and I’m very positive on the inline exhaust fan I installed I. My garage. Does a great job and now that I have a timer it’s the perfect setup. The ability to go from a quiet fan exhausting the smoke of one person to something much more powerful is great given I use some VOC chemicals in my garage. Obviously most smokers wouldn’t have need for something to solve for those dual purposes but it’s great for my situation.

I phoned them and they convinced me this will work. Glad that it is working well for you, I am excited to smoke here in the dead heat of summer in cool, clean peace!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well my room is a little smaller and I only have one smoker so I don't need to move as much air. 800CFM is moving alot of air - mine is rated at 360CFM, but if you're planning on multiple smokers you'll need that much going out. I don't need to do anything special to bring in air as I'm not pulling enough to do anything to the overall, just enough to keep any smoke from escaping out of the room, under the door. I do supplement the exhaust with an ionizer to clean a few times a day so I'm not totally dependent on the exhaust.
As to whether that's a better option - I don't know that I'd say that. With multiple smokers you'll need the exhaust to keep the smoke down and this will do it. It's also a cheaper alternative $75 is pretty good. Here's the fan I went with - it's now $270 although it was a little less when I bought it
I liked the inline option as it's up in the attic and not unsightly and you can't hear it running. Works for my setting but don't know that it would work for yours without going larger and that means more $$$.
I would just strongly suggest having your electrician put in a timer switch so you can leave it running after you leave the room. I got one at Home Depot that has 6 settings from 5 min to 4 hours.
God luck on the setup and make sure to check back and let us know how it works out.