What's new

Fire Pits

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So me and my roommates are getting tired of using a half-buried old barbeque lid as a fire pit. Does anyone have any easy suggestions that 3 girls and a guy could handle to improve our fire situation?

*edit* I mention our group's composition only bc I think someone will say "just lay bricks", and none of us know how to do it o_O

Last edited:

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So me and my roommates are getting tired of using a half-buried old barbeque lid as a fire pit. Does anyone have any easy suggestions that 3 girls and a guy could handle to improve our fire situation?

*edit* I mention our group's composition only bc I think someone will say "just lay bricks", and none of us know how to do it o_O
Go buy a fire pit 159280

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Nah you where just bragging, admit it.

Concrete cinder blocks from one of the box stores will work well. You can make the "pit" any size you want, no mortar required.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the metal ones from home depot work and may be what you're looking for. I bought one a year ago and i dont think it was that much more than 80, but can't remember exactly. what's left of the logs from the one fire we made are still in it.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the metal ones from home depot work and may be what you're looking for. I bought one a year ago and i dont think it was that much more than 80, but can't remember exactly. what's left of the logs from the one fire we made are still in it.
I looked at some of those. There are some nice looking ones on Wayfair, but they look a little too fancy for me.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, if her roommate isn't going to go to Home Depot for her he sure as hell isn't ripping apart an old washing machine to salvage the tub out of it.
xD
In his defense, he's in the carpenter's union and works 6 days a week, waking up at 4am to get to Boston.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks wicked nice too.

Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year; cool enough to keep you in a hoodie, warm enough to allow shorts. Best time for fires... and the perfect excuse to: head to the packy for booze, smoke some weed, and light a cigar.

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mine is a sturdy beast, probably overkill for what you're looking for...

but prior to getting this one I would use the $50-75 ones from Home Depot with the expectation that they would only last a couple of seasons before rusting through. Not a bad investment every few years. You can just order one off Amazon, really. They are all more or less the same in that price range. Thin gauge steel, some of them even come with grills for roasting and cool cut out designs on the side. You can't fit many logs/splits in them but they are adequate for a fun little fire to down some beers around.

Edit: something like this one