What's new

Fire Pits

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Firepit time! Gitcha some beer and mallows. Maybe a pack of weenies too. And I'm still saying...if you can manage to snag some piñon wood, your woodburning experience will go to the next level.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's tough having friends. Wait until you get married and your spouse starts using the phrase "we will do this" the whole time you know that what they are saying is "Bazillions will do this"

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's tough having friends. Wait until you get married and your spouse starts using the phrase "we will do this" the whole time you know that what they are saying is "Bazillions will do this"
The man speaks truth. Also...be wary of the "do you want to ________?" trap. E.g. "Do you want to invite my mom over for lunch?". HINT: This is not a solicitation of your actual feelings....do not reply with your actual thoughts on the matter. Just say "Sure!".

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The man speaks truth. Also...be wary of the "do you want to ________?" trap. E.g. "Do you want to invite my mom over for lunch?". HINT: This is not a solicitation of your actual feelings....do not reply with your actual thoughts on the matter. Just say "Sure!".
LMAO won't happen. Marriage maybe, but noooo way will it ever come to that xD
My living situation is sorta complicated; my sister and her boyfriend live in the upstairs apartment and me and my best friend share the downstairs. But we ALL share the yard and it somehow became MY responsibility. I cut the backyard, I pick up beer cans and bottles and all the other random crap that ends up back there, and I empty the ashtrays, even when they're nasty from the rain... I guess I really shouldn't be complaining bc my friend is a neat freak, so I really only need to clean my room.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
YEA after 20+ years of marriage I had to sit my wife down, stare into her eyes and say " Just tell me what the hell you want, it's easier that way" I've realized that I really don't have any options so let's cut the crap and just say what you want me to do.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
LMAO won't happen. Marriage maybe, but noooo way will it ever come to that xD
My living situation is sorta complicated; my sister and her boyfriend live in the upstairs apartment and me and my best friend share the downstairs. But we ALL share the yard and it somehow became MY responsibility. I cut the backyard, I pick up beer cans and bottles and all the other random crap that ends up back there, and I empty the ashtrays, even when they're nasty from the rain... I guess I really shouldn't be complaining bc my friend is a neat freak, so I really only need to clean my room.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: wanta bet?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bear with me here...thinking outside the box on this one. Might I propose an alternative solution to your firepit dilemma in the form of a chiminea?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jeeze... you're not making marriage look appealing xD

Chiminea?
Has it's ups and down Thing is, giving up and doing what you are told isn't a decision like TNT taking down a cliff on the ocean. It's more like the waves slowly wearing the cliff down over time.

Only reason I'm on this rant is ask them if they want a fire pit. Easier then being frustrated. If they do, start trading!

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it's ups and down Thing is, giving up and doing what you are told isn't a decision like TNT taking down a cliff on the ocean. It's more like the waves slowly wearing the cliff down over time.

Only reason I'm on this rant is ask them if they want a fire pit. Easier then being frustrated. If they do, start trading!
But shouldn't both people be worn down after a while? Like, an even burn?
And I'll definitely talk to everyone. I'm not gonna go nuts anymore if no one cares.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
But shouldn't both people be worn down after a while? Like, an even burn?
And I'll definitely talk to everyone. I'm not gonna go nuts anymore if no one cares.
Oh...both people most definitely do get worn down haha.

We need to get your firepit situation resolved so that next you can get into barbecuing and we can start an epic thread about that. Just saying.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh...both people most definitely do get worn down haha.

We need to get your firepit situation resolved so that next you can get into barbecuing and we can start an epic thread about that. Just saying.
I don't understand how you can date someone for 3-4 years and by then decide you want to spend the rest of your life with them 0_o
And I think I should let this thread die for something that probably won't happen :/

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't understand how you can date someone for 3-4 years and by then decide you want to spend the rest of your life with them 0_o
And I think I should let this thread die for something that probably won't happen :/
First, buy a cheap one from any big box hardware store. They burn wood just fine, last a couple seasons, or more if you take care of them, and are still nice in the summer because they keep the bugs away!

Now, on to marriage...
I enjoy being married to my wife.
We’ve been together since 2006, and married since 2010.
We have lived in 3 different states, have seen Phish shows all over the country together, traveled all over together, have 2 kids, a dog and both work full-time.
We didn’t have kids until after we were together for almost 10 years, and I think that made a huge difference.
Man, we used to rage it hard before kids. And man did we have fun doing it!
Granted, we still have a blast together, but it’s more toned down these days, ha! For one, I no longer drink, but I digress.
Sure, we have disagreements and at times drive each other insane, but we also work it out.
Life is compicated, and hard as fuck at times, and relationships can be the same way. Finding a balance and picking and choosing your battles is key.
And honestly, maintaining a healthy bedroom life is key.
Also, when I met my wife I was a wild, long-haired, big bearded, hard drinking and fighting roadie.
So, the “toned-down” version of me is still someone I recognize!
Just my 2 cents!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yup. What he said!

Getting married doesn't change things that much....having kids changes everything.

The key is to understand that life changes, and those of us who embrace that change will find a lot more peace than those that fear it or fight against it. This doesn't mean changing who you are at the core, it just means adapting who you are to better fit the changing circumstances. Whereas a younger version of me could spend most of my time outside of work pursuing leisure/thrills/entertainment at my own discretion and on my own terms...my current role in life dictates that now most of my time is spent doing family activities and trying to be an attentive dad/husband. While there is some overlap there in that I enjoy doing these things, I also have to make time to do things for myself. The big thing to realize is that the "me-time" is just as important as it is limited. I usually take about an hour on late Sunday afternoons...after the days tasks/chores are done. I'll go out into the garage by myself, usually bring a cigar and a drink or two...play some music I want to listen to...and zone out. Remembering who I am and what I like...maintaining that sense of "me" helps me to be a better family man. It helps me remember that I am an individual outside of being a dad/husband, which is crucial.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you both sound wicked lucky, bumps and all! I'm not used to guys being... as honest with like, how things really are o_0
Your ladies (and children) have it well. The guys that talk to me don't have a fraction of the insight both of you have.
Then again, I'm still sorta growing out of my partying phase, so that may say something about the company I keep xD