What's new

Fired my first gun today

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
On vaca in FL and happened to drive by a shooting range. I went in and filled out the form, got me a Glock 17 9mm, a box of ammo, and a target. Now I have never even held a gun, nevermind load a clip and fire one.

How'd I do??

Attachments

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
On vaca in FL and happened to drive by a shooting range. I went in and filled out the form, got me a Glock 17 9mm, a box of ammo, and a target. Now I have never even held a gun, nevermind load a clip and fire one.

How'd I do??
not bad, too bad we couldn't meet up the other night...when you in town till?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
More importantly, did you have fun? Were you safe at all times? If the answer to both of those is YES, then you did great.

And just for future reference, it's called a mag (magazine) - not a clip. I really don't care what people call it, but you may someday run into a somebody that flips a shit because you call it a clip.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
not bad, too bad we couldn't meet up the other night...when you in town till?
Im here all week. If you are free we should definitely meet up for a smoke!

More importantly, did you have fun? Were you safe at all times? If the answer to both of those is YES, then you did great.

And just for future reference, it's called a mag (magazine) - not a clip. I really don't care what people call it, but you may someday run into a somebody that flips a shit because you call it a clip.

Yeah, I only know the street lingo i guess. But I will keep that in mind.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Impressive...

how far away was the target?

you would be surprised at how many people cannot even hit the target at 5 yards away

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Not bad for a beginner, some people don't do that good and they shoot often!

Here are 2 of my newest toys with a few upgrades. The P32 is always in my front pocket, and the G26 rides on my hip...

Attachments

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
If you ever find yourself in Oregon, let me know. Glock 9mm's are fun, but I'll rollout the full arsenal for you. Just be aware that you've found yourself another addiction.... Your disposable income will never be the same.
-Dude

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Im a Professional Marksmanship instructor with the Marine Corps. Not too Shabby with no prior training and coaching. always remember a lil mantra i teach to recruits at Parris Island:
IN, OUT, TIP/BLADE, SQUEEZE!

Welcome to the addiction and lifelong passion my friend:eyebrow:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah looks like you killed him. Keep in mind that if you can shot straight at 10 yards then you can shot straight at 25 yards. So it may be a good idea to keep the target at 10 yards or even closer while learning and you can see how you are doing and adjust if need be.

A tip on the Glock, after you squeeze the trigger, don't let it come back all the way forward. Slowly release the trigger until you hear/feel a click and then stop. Makes for a shorter trigger pull.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Nice shooting for your first time :)

If you decide to really get into the sport, I'd recommend either hiring an instructor for some coaching, or taking a class. Its always good to learn/re-learn the fundamentals and maybe pick some new techniques along the way. Also, I suggest you rent and try as many pistols as you can before you decide to throw down some cash on something, either way, its a lot of fun!

Regards,
Randy