What's new

Fired up an Atabey

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wasn’t all that impressed but it was probably the most well constructed cigar I’ve seen. The flavor is very mild. I don’t have the palette and experience to describe flavors but this one didn’t do it for me.

Near perfect triple cap and the burn and draw were flawless 342D3C1C-820A-4F11-9525-B3883CB0DED9.jpeg

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been wanting to try these as well. If you want someone to join in on a box split, I am in.
All the best,
Gus

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I was also really interested in trying these too but I think Nelson Alfonso's other lines, particularly the Byron and possibly the Bandolero lines may fit my palate better (and maybe yours @ritter6788). They are similar in price, but you can get a smaller vitola for around 20 bucks. From what I've heard, I really don't know if any of his sticks are truly worth a 30-40 dollar price tag, but anything is worth trying once. His Humi-Tubes are pretty sick too. I would love to grab a few of those just to have without buying the sticks lol. His branding is also really great, which I guess comes as no surprise since he pretty much single-handedly created the Behike branding/marketing schemes.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wasn’t all that impressed but it was probably the most well constructed cigar I’ve seen. The flavor is very mild. I don’t have the palette and experience to describe flavors but this one didn’t do it for me.

Near perfect triple cap and the burn and draw were flawless View attachment 109575

Well before I give up on any blend, or brand I have to smoke (3). Some brands, and blends are just inconsistant.:smug:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Near perfect triple cap and the burn and draw were flawless View attachment 109575
I've been a fan of this for a few years now. If you don't like mild cigars you will not like this. However I think it's one of the best mild sticks I've ever had. Also has the best construction I've ever seen on a cigar. Expensive but worth it in my book. The Byron and Bandelero are also worth trying.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 of these. Courtesy of a friend. His first he was so PO'd at the crappy burn/split that he tossed it after 10 min. They'd had several months of rest on them at that point. I had my second about a week ago. Better than the first (maybe 9 mo. rest??) but certainly not worth 3 times what you pay for a Don Carlos. IMO not even worth 1 times what you pay for a Don Carlos :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had 2 of these. Courtesy of a friend. His first he was so PO'd at the crappy burn/split that he tossed it after 10 min. They'd had several months of rest on them at that point. I had my second about a week ago. Better than the first (maybe 9 mo. rest??) but certainly not worth 3 times what you pay for a Don Carlos. IMO not even worth 1 times what you pay for a Don Carlos :)
Someone posted on FB the other day that an Atabey was identical to a Cohiba Behike. I haven't smoked my Behikes yet but I'm going to be pissed if it's the same as an Atabey. I didn't get anything remotely Cuban from the Atabey at all.

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I’ve been fortunate enough to smoke all his lines and the Atabey is a beautifully constructed smoke with mild to medium body and lots of subtle notes. Not an in your face cigar but if you take the time it’s quite nuanced. Price points always a debate but if I have a pleasant experience at the time then my money is well spent.