What's new

Firefox Questions.. why do you like it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent used IE browser in a long time.. been using "Slimbrowser" for quite some time now...

My question is.. for those of you using Firefox.. what's the reason(s) your still using it? what benefits/tools do you utilize from it?

For example.. the reason why i use slimbrowser, is the tabbed style explorer pages, quicksearch bar, popup blocker, very well laid out links/buttons. and overall ease of use, and practicaly no setup necessary.

What about you firefox users?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I don't use IE nor Firefox (other than design analysis) but here's the two most compelling advantages:

1) Security
2) Open Source

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Two reasons :smt069

1. Had a problem with this site with IE, no problems now. :D
  2. Mark told me to switch :smt024
Ironman

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I tried firefox on 2-3 occasions thru it's progress.
Overall, i think it sucks.

Yes it's open source, great, call me when it's finished. :smt023

I've never been a fan of anything i must build as i go. With 3,000 "plug-ins" for an incomplete product, chances are one of these plugs will be poorly written bringing the whole kabash down on your parade.

I also found the most typical reported "bugs" were all present and accounted for, at which point, i simply said "screw this" and promptly removed it.

IE has issues, but i guess after sucking it up for ten years you get used to it, and know what not to do. I don't have any actual "problems" with IE. Nothing about it pisses me off. I can't say the same for any other browser i tried.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
AZsteelman said:
i'm a firefox freak...good top. I love the tabbed browsing!
Probably the best feature. If not the built in pop up blocker that works fantastic

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I like Firefox because of the tabbed browsing, popup blocking and if I need a plugin, it tells me. I can then decide to load it or not......

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The tab browsing is great. I've learned a lot of the tricks (clicking on a link with the scroll wheel button opens it in a new tab). And even though I tried Opera, I heard a lot of people saying that it wasn't safe. I use Mozilla's email client too because it asks me if I want to open/install something as opposed to just doing it. Firefox rules!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the tabbed browser and the extensions that let you add functionality to try out without a major browser update.

And while doing web page development the IE Tab extension even lets you use IE "inside" of Firefox.

Mike

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I like Firefox, the tabbed browsing is great and the "chipmark" extension is one of my favorites. Earlier versions very pretty ugly and bulky, but they have done a nice job cleaning it up.

The disadvantage of IE is it uses ActiveX controls to communicate with your system. Its possible that a site may be able to take advantage of this and use a hole in IE to access your system.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ditto on positive attributes.

I also like using Greasemonkey scripts to streamline/customize websites. It's a Firefox-only thing.