What's new

First bottle of Zaya rum

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I have never been a big rum guy, mostly bourbon, and I had NEVER heard of Zaya rum until I got involved with BOTL. After reading so many comments from so many people about how good this stuff was I broke down and bottle of it tonight along with the very nice Napa Cab I got for the wife and I for Vday. OMG it is amazing. If you havent tried it your are most definitely missing out. Thanks to all of you that thought enough to say something. It is and will be the drink of choice going forward.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I've never been a big rum guy either so maybe I'll try it, you might be starting starting something dangerous Marty ;)
The danger is that it tastes so damn good you dont even realize how fast the bottle goes until its to late

BE CAREFUL SHAWN!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it that you bought a litre? Because a fifth should only be about $28-$30 range.

I've consumed several fifth's of Zaya, and some tasted very different than others, some fantastic, some bordering on the harsh flavors I would associate with a Appleton Estate Reserve.

Try a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 next. It's like Zaya's more complex big brother.

But yeah, I REALLY like Zaya, especially with a premium cigar.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I take it that you bought a litre? Because a fifth should only be about $28-$30 range.

I've consumed several fifth's of Zaya, and some tasted very different than others, some fantastic, some bordering on the harsh flavors I would associate with a Appleton Estate Reserve.

Try a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 next. It's like Zaya's more complex big brother.

But yeah, I REALLY like Zaya, especially with a premium cigar.
I'll hunt it down. My local has a huge selection. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad you tried it out... Trying new drink flavors to enjoy with a smoke is as important as trying new brands of cigars. Zaya is a great compliment to a fine cigar. Both Zaya and Ron Zacapa 23 are running $40 to $45 per 750ml up here.