What's new

First CC box purchase recommendations

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a few cc singles a few weeks ago. Tried to smoke one but it would not draw. I would like to purchase a box of something but wanted to know if something is smoking particularly well right now. There are a couple online retailers I’m looking at and since I can’t see box codes I’m wondering if I’m general something would be a safe bet. I’m thinking about HDM #2 or Monte #2. Thank you.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hard to tell YOU what to smoke or like for that matter. Most who dip their toes into the CC world tend to do samplers to get a sense of what they like....otherwise it's a crap shoot and expensive to just throw darts at the CC world. YOUR tastes are what is important so at least try to distinguish what YOU like ....unless you have deep enough pockets to risk choosing something you don't have experience with. Gauging your tastes as to what somebody else likes....is like using a triple thick condom and giving a review on your experience.....I prefer lambskin in my day...just sayin.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Hard to tell YOU what to smoke or like for that matter. Most who dip their toes into the CC world tend to do samplers to get a sense of what they like....otherwise it's a crap shoot and expensive to just throw darts at the CC world. YOUR tastes are what is important so at least try to distinguish what YOU like
This. ^^^^

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Samplers are the way to go if you’re just getting into them. Also, and this is my experience and not the gospel, let anything you get rest for at least 30-60 days and store at an RH much lower than what you’re used to with NC. I keep my wineador in the low 60’s RH and dry box for at least a week in a desktop that is below 60%. I have a 58% Boveda in the bottom under a cedar sheet. For me this has alleviated almost all of the draw and burn issues I used to have. Again, this is my experience and others may do it different. Good luck on your cigar journey.

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Samplers are the way to go if you’re just getting into them. Also, and this is my experience and not the gospel, let anything you get rest for at least 30-60 days and store at an RH much lower than what you’re used to with NC. I keep my wineador in the low 60’s RH and dry box for at least a week in a desktop that is below 60%. I have a 58% Boveda in the bottom under a cedar sheet. For me this has alleviated almost all of the draw and burn issues I used to have. Again, this is my experience and others may do it different. Good luck on your cigar journey.
@THEMISCHMAN hit it on the head. Samples, Samplers, Samplers...… and low Humidity

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice. I’m deciding between two sites that offer samplers and will be pulling the trigger soon. Thank you!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve been slowing digging into the cc world and can say it’s a whole different game then ncs and what you like will be quite different. Haven’t had a Monte 2 but a HDM#2 is a very solid choice. So is a serie E D4.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Samplers samplers samplers. Also don’t be turned away if more than 1 cigar has construction issues...it’s part of the game. Like other have said...lower humidity will help this situation to an extent.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@THEMISCHMAN hit it on the head. Samples, Samplers, Samplers...… and low Humidity
I am also looking for some advice here, I get the samplers advice, but I have also read a lot about letting CC's rest for several years. It seems tough to navigate a by samplers and rest them for years and discern what you like?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I am also looking for some advice here, I get the samplers advice, but I have also read a lot about letting CC's rest for several years. It seems tough to navigate a by samplers and rest them for years and discern what you like?
You don’t have to let them rest for years in order for them to be enjoyable - when people talk about years of age, they’re talking about the fact that generally speaking, the cigars get better with a little age. If you’re buying to smoke now, you only need to let them rest for 30, 60, or 90 days, depending who you ask - they probably won’t be as amazing as they would after a few years of proper storage, but it’s enough time for them to settle down so their flavor profiles can shine when you smoke them, and you can get a feel for what you really like.

Personally, I’m the kind of unrefined heathen that usually smokes one ROTT, and I enjoy it more often than not. But if you want to follow the advice of smarter people, give them a month. If you want to be extra safe, you can always double down on every sampler that you buy, smoke one after 30 and one after 90

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Sgtrock, CC are just a different smoking experience than NC, not better, not worse. There’s a little bit of a learning curve when trying to get to know what you like. Over the years I’ve found I prefer them more. It was mentioned that a some get better with age and some don’t. This is true. I’ve found storage is a big factor in my enjoyment of them. Lower RH has all but alleviated any burn or draw issues most people experience. When I say lower I mean that I keep my wineador at around 60-61 RH. When I get something I let it rest in stable conditions for at least 90 days. I know this may seem daunting at first because we all want to fire up a new cigar when we get them, and like Tom Petty says.“ The waiting is the hardest part.” I assure you though, your patience will be rewarded. The key thing is not to over think it. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Due to the fact that this thread is outside of La Casa I can neither confirm nor deny that I may be able to help you out with trying some new things. I hope this helps and remember that everything I said is my experience only and others may feel differently.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Lower your humidity for a period of time to stabilize internal humidity (62% for 3 months for example) CC’s do well in lower humidity and open up when given the chance.

I’ve never been a fan of samplers; lack of info, raised price, greater chance of duds (JMHO)

That being said, box splits are the shit....

We have a community of information and brothers that are always down for a split.

If you truly are in the darks start with things you can go wrong on that your going to try anyone due to the amount of recommendations from the community:

RASS
D4, 5, 6
Epi 1 or 2
Monte 2, 3, 4
ETC

A box split 10ct (when available) is gonna be cheaper than a random singles or store assembled sampler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk