What's new

First cigar?

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I was sitting here pondering my cigar timeline (about 2 years) and i was trying to think of my first cigar. I remember when i bought my it, I was in a local liquor store that had a small walk in humidor. I saw it from across the room and I decided to walk over. I think I bought a fuente of some sort but I'm not entirely sure. just curious if anyone else remembered their first.

-steve

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My first cigar was a cheap Spirit of Cuba I bought at a gas station, that had a small humidor, the night before I turned 18. I was out with some friends and we were meeting up with some people and stopped at the gas station to meet up and all got cigars.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
RyJ (don't remember the vitola) when I was deployed to Saudi Arabia in 99. I didn't really enjoy it but I didn't know squat back then.

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
RyJ (don't remember the vitola) when I was deployed to Saudi Arabia in 99. I didn't really enjoy it but I didn't know squat back then.
Same here. The first few I had were not very enjoyable. But after doing some reading I realized that i was not smoking them properly. Then I learned to slow down and enjoy the tobacco. I almost quit, i'm glad I didn't.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the cigar boom in the 90's - Upmann (about a 5 1/2 x 46ish) that came in a bundle for Courvoisier Cognac and Cigar Smoker Promotional events. We also did Macallan and Remy events with Macanudos and Partigas. But the Upmann was I believe my first. My partner had a better start as she smoked a Diamond Crown Maximus #2...now we sell cigars at the wine shop!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First cigar had no name and was brushing my tongue for 3 days :sadpace:. second first cigar was a monte #2 Dominican and was creamy:blushlove

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was 15 years old, smoked a nice 2 year aged* Philly Blunt. Not kidding.

*By aged I mean my buddy got it from an older kid 2 years earlier and it sat in his room for 2 years getting staler and staler. To boot, we had no idea how to cut the damn thing and ended up biting it practically in half. Good times.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Onyx (a big black topredo). My buddy told me it was a premium stick. He also told me that Tompson's Cigars is the best place to buy more :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some sort of small Monte Cristo. Halloween last year I was camping with my friends and I had just turned 18. A friend brought like 5, and we split the pack.

That week I bough my first 2- a CAO gold maduro and a RyJ Reserva Real robusto. And thus, my love of cigars was born.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First cigar ever? Some cheapos before I was 18 with buddies. First cigar I bought on my 18th birthday was an Ashton Cabinet No. 7. My best friend still smokes one himself on his birthday every year to this day as a result.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I was 16 years old and took some of my grandfathers Backwood smokes hunting with my brother. We all sat out by camp and smoked them. One of my fondest memories.