What's new

First cigar!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok as I have said before I am new to the whole cigar world.....I smoked my Frist one last night it was a padron. I must say that It was a lot better then I had though it would be. It had a nice smooth flavor. However I noticed that it was not burning evenly, the center would burn down about 1/8 of inch futher then to outter edges. I though that this might be an indication that it was dry. Any advise?

Caleb

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Probably just the outside humidity that got the cigar. It happens a lot of me when I smoke in very humid areas.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't know I just smoked a 4000 the other day and was very dissapointed in the over smoke of the cigar. To answer your question, it might be the roll of the cigar. If the filler is not rolled tight enough in comparison to the binder and wrapper you will get a tunnel burn. Well so I've read anyways

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Congrats on your first cigar! The burn problem definitely seems to be a humidity issue.

Side note: Where you puffing about once a minute?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Also, to me, Padrons are notorious for being a loose cigar. But it could be a number of things simply because it's a handmade product.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Ok as I have said before I am new to the whole cigar world.....I smoked my Frist one last night it was a padron. I must say that It was a lot better then I had though it would be. It had a nice smooth flavor. However I noticed that it was not burning evenly, the center would burn down about 1/8 of inch futher then to outter edges. I though that this might be an indication that it was dry. Any advise?

Caleb
Wow, you joined a cigar forum before you even smoked :rofl:

Keep smokin' :smokingme

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, you joined a cigar forum before you even smoked :rofl:

Keep smokin' :smokingme
Yeah a Friend gave me his collection, and I was looking thru some of the books that he had and started reading about the aging process and they said a cigar should never be smoked in the sick period....so before I grabed one and lit up I came to the experts. :smile: