What's new

First Freeze

Lonestar7

Taking it easy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my first experience freezing cigars.

With so many opinions out there on freezing, I made the personal choice to do it. Given a recent CI order that took several days to ship, I was even more inclined. First step was to purchase the Ziplock freezer bags. I found these vacuum freezer bags at Walmart. Ordered the pump through Amazon Now for $4. which came with 3 or 4 quart size bags. Good deal.

Ready to freeze:

Showing here how nice the vacuum seal works without crushing the sticks.

Packed most of my cigs leaving a few days worth in the humi. The rest went into the fridge for a 6 hours, then freezer for 55 hrs. (I overslept, don't judge me bro), then back to fridge for 24 hours, then room temp for 10 hours. Probably a bit overkill but no harm done. Sticks came out fine and back in the humi to settle for 2 weeks minimum. Overall it was a fun experience for this newbie.

Lonestar7

Taking it easy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the group. How are they smoking?
My pleasure to share (and learn). Just went into the humi today so I plan on waiting 2 weeks, maybe sooner if suggested. RH% is holding nice around 67% @ 71-degree F.