What's new

First PSD4

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My first one was last night (Tuesday)

After several years of NC's, I finally took the plunge to Habanos this past spring. My collection is still very meager, but I'm enjoying the new experience. I have some boxes and a bunch of singles, including one PSD4.

I had surgery today (Wednesday) to have my gall bladder removed and last night, I wanted to have a great smoke. At first, I went for a FFOX Double Corona I've had for a couple of years, but decided that if something went wrong with the surgery, I wanted my last smoke to be a Habano. (A little meladramatic, I know...)

Cue the PSD4.

Ho-lee-mother-of-God, this was a great cigar. Perfect balance of strength and flavor. Loaded with woody, spicy flavors, it brought nubbing to a new level. I am hooked.

Definately a top-5 smoke.

-Doof

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My favorite smoke, if its on. These are infamous for going through a sick period.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've only had one of these myself and my reaction was the same as yours. When I get through this tight period they're on my list of box purchases.
By the fact that your posting, it sounds like the surgery went well. Glad to hear it.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
LMAO Fitz!

That's awesome Doofus, good thing all went well also.

The PSD4 is a delicious smoke before it goes sick. I can only imagine what one with like 7 years on it would taste like. My only issue with them is that they are a robusto and I don't really like that size very much.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
windowrx said:
By the fact that your posting, it sounds like the surgery went well. Glad to hear it.

It did, thanks. I'm looped on Demerol, but that little fact waon't keep me away from BOTL!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I'm in the minority here, but I just don't like these cigars. I've tried freshies, aged 10 years, and everything in between and I just don't get the love affair with PSD 4's. But that's what makes our hobby great, because if EVERYONE liked the same thing, we'd have very little to talk about here huh!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I have not smoke a lot of them around 14 and must say that these are my favorite Robusto. One of the few cigars that I like young they only get better with age.