What's new

First smoke @ B&M

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm anxious about it, but I'm going to try & smoke at a B&M tomorrow for the first time. My buddy, & smoking companion, just celebrated the birth of his first child. I figured my stash didn't have anything worthy of such an occasion, so I'll treat him to whatever he picks!

We always smoke on the back porch, ashing all over the place & spitting whenever we please... So hopefully we don't get in trouble! Should be a good time though. Always have good conversations with the owner, & I know my buddy is looking forward to getting out of the house for a bit.

Called the B&M to make sure we didn't have to be members, & that they sold something to drink while there (usually drink a liter of water!). I'll make sure we walk inside the humi after lighting up, maybe snub out the cigars when we're done :p

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I still haven't smoked at my B&M either. Usually when I stop by I'm on the way home from work and am needing to pick my son up from school. By the time they go to bed I don't feel like driving to the shop and I just smoke on the deck. Have fun with it man.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good to hear! Just from quick buys, I've met the owner & a few employees... Always friendly & helpful. It'd be especially great to find a spot for this winter.

I guess I'm fortunate to have even one B&M nearby, seems like a few of you don't. In the opposite direction is a more well known B&M. I've yet to go (not as convenient), but I know they make their own cigars... So that caught my interest Haha.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I guess I'm fortunate to have even one B&M nearby, seems like a few of you don't. In the opposite direction is a more well known B&M..
that is correct, the closest one I have is 1 1/2 hours away, so when I get the chance to go, I make sure I have lots of time to kill and really enjoy it. I always meet someone else that just comes in to smoke a cigar that just makes it all that much better, Nothing like sitting around some leather furniture smoking a good cigar with like minded folks. Your gonna love it... I'm jealous

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I try and enjoy a cigar at my local B&M at least once a week. After a while you feel like your on Cheers. Everybody knows your name!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I guess I'm fortunate to have even one B&M nearby, seems like a few of you don't. In the opposite direction is a more well known B&M..
that is correct, the closest one I have is 1 1/2 hours away, so when I get the chance to go, I make sure I have lots of time to kill and really enjoy it. I always meet someone else that just comes in to smoke a cigar that just makes it all that much better, Nothing like sitting around some leather furniture smoking a good cigar with like minded folks. Your gonna love it... I'm jealous
Same here - would love to have one close to me ! Enjoy the smoke

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep..you are going to love it. Especially of you do not get to smoke inside (like me). So comfortable!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I smoked at my B&M before I ever went to my first herf. It was intimidating for about 1 minute. The guys at my local are very welcoming. After all, you're new which means you're a potential new (regular) customer. If they know anything about business, they'll make it a pleasant experience.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Verdict is in: That'll have to be a more regular thing! Not many people in there tonight, but had a good time smoking with my buddy & talking with the guy working (think he smoked 3 in the time it took us to smoke one!). We both agreed we'll have to plan for a few times a month.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Verdict is in: That'll have to be a more regular thing! Not many people in there tonight, but had a good time smoking with my buddy & talking with the guy working (think he smoked 3 in the time it took us to smoke one!). We both agreed we'll have to plan for a few times a month.
That's awesome!

Cigars are such a social past time and that's one of the things I love about them.

I can't recall going to my B&M and not striking up a conversation

Glad it was such a positive experience.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's awesome!

Cigars are such a social past time and that's one of the things I love about them.

I can't recall going to my B&M and not striking up a conversation

Glad it was such a positive experience.
So true!!! Always a conversation at a b&m

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most definitely! Looked a little foolish trying to figure out the cutter (like a press?)... And another "incident" involving an obscene gesture to my friend about him enjoy large gauged cigars that was caught on camera haha

But conversations ranged from cigars, to guns, to sports... Topics I absolutely loathe :p

Free sodas, water, & coffee (which I tried to pay for), comfy leather seats, & a nice breeze blowing through the front door... I'll take that!

Edit: Buddy chose an Aging Room F55. Didn't break the bank AND it was something I've been waiting to try! Told him he could pick anything in there, but I think he felt guilty about the pricier options. Oh well, guess those fancy Padron's will have to wait for another occasion!

Last edited: