What's new

First smoked turkey

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Bought a 15 pound ore brined butterball. Smoked it with applewood and it's freaking delicious. Used an olive oil rub with spices.

I'm so stuffed right now lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoked one also. Smoked turkey is the best. I also smoked a meatloaf, sounds weird at Thanksgiving but everyone loves when I smoke a turkey and meatloaf.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i smoked an unamed '13 and a bowl of balkan saseini. o)

seriously, though, never smoked a turkey (too little time and not enough gear), but brining it is THE way to go! also, henjg, smoked meatloaf sounds pimp, love to know how to do it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know I've never been a fan of fried turkey. Don't get me wrong it's good but it just seemed like too much of a hassle. When I smoke a turkey there just isn't a whole lot of effort involved as long as you brine the turkey correctly and know how to run a smoker. Of course this is just my opinion and all that really matters is what you like.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i smoked an unamed '13 and a bowl of balkan saseini. o)

seriously, though, never smoked a turkey (too little time and not enough gear), but brining it is THE way to go! also, henjg, smoked meatloaf sounds pimp, love to know how to do it.
Honestly it's not really that hard. Any meatloaf recipe will work and a lot of times I will take a recipe and just modify it. There are tons of recipes on the internet. Basically I'll make my meatloaf and throw it on the smoker at 275 degrees and smoke it until the internal temp of the meatloaf hits 170 degrees. I then take it off and wrap it in foil and let it rest for about half an hour before slicing.