What's new

First time dad

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Going to be a father for the first time. Scared as all hell but actually getting excited for a guy that never wanted kids. Now I see people with theirs and can't wait. Lifes gotten in the way a lot latley so at her being 2months along I can finally enjoy a smoke to celebrate and catch up around here.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Congrats buddy! It goes quick so cherish every crazy moment even when you want to absolutely kill them. I have 2 little girls, that i adore. Its a wild wild ride.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Congrats, buddy! Smoke those big cigars now, you'll probably be relegated to small sticks for at least 6 months, lol. But seriously, fatherhood is awesome.

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As the father of a 5 week old, I will tell you, they change your life for the better. Things haven't been the same since my daughter was born, but the love I feel for her is something that can't really be measured.
Scott

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Congraulations. Enjoy all the time you can with them while they are little, for soon they will be teenagers.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats Man - I will concur with all others so far that as the father of 4 (3 girls and a boy 24-18-16-12) Kids give you a whole new perspective on life!! I truly live every day for my kids and love every minute of it...

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Kids.

On first glance, on a day to day basis, the relationship between you and your child is this: They take and you give. And they take some more. And guess what? You give some more. To any rational person, it seems like a crazy relationship to enter into.

But I have found (I have a 2 year old boy) that when I take some time to step back and view the forest through the trees, kids end up giving their parents far more than you could ever imagine, only they do it in indescribable ways, very discreetly changing you into a better person and providing you with a much better view of life and a more appreciative attitude for all the little things that go right every single day.

It's a relationship only a parent can understand, and after experiencing it, it's a relationship that any rational person would be crazy not to enter into (given the right circumstances, obviously).

Congratulations, man!

(This coming from someone who never thought he'd ever have children, either)