What's new

First Time Firing a Glock 21

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I went to the range here in Charlotte, NC. Tried out the Glock 21. First time firing a Glock, and about my third time firing a handgun (I only own long guns...until my handgun permit goes through). 25 rounds...some of the other guys used my target too). I also fired the FN SCAR. Sweet rifle!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Love glocks (been carrying a 19 for the better part of the last 25 years... have owned a 23, 22, 35, and a 17 in addition to the multiple 19's Ive owned)...

but never cared a lot for the 21.. it feels "oversized" to me..

If you get a chance, poke some holes in paper with a 17 while youre in NC and see what you think... its a full size pistol like the 21.. but isnt quite as thick (double stack 9mm is thinner than double stack .45)..

the 17 and 19 IMO are the gold standard when it comes to glocks..

(oh... and F some NY handgun laws!)

:)

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Try DC! NO handguns period. They're trying to at least make it possible for residents to own a handgun but since they actually turned over the ban over a year ago, under a hundred permits have been issued. Remember this is only to own a handgun, not CC or even open carry. They make it really difficult as there is an involved application process which includes a 16hrs of class time/shooting under instruction necessary and ALL application have to be approved by the MPD Chief. That being said, there are at least 2 fatal shooting every weekend so Hmmm wonder where all these guys are getting their guns?? Sad when you can't even make the choice to arm yourself. G1

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Love glocks (been carrying a 19 for the better part of the last 25 years... have owned a 23, 22, 35, and a 17 in addition to the multiple 19's Ive owned)...

If you get a chance, poke some holes in paper with a 17 while youre in NC and see what you think... its a full size pistol like the 21.. but isnt quite as thick (double stack 9mm is thinner than double stack .45)..

No large capacity mags in NY either, right? I'd stick with the .45 if it was me, but nothing wrong with trying both to see what you think. Especially in the gen 4, the 21 isn't nearly as "oversized"

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

The G21 fits nicely in my huge hands(XXL in Mechanix gloves). LOL. And I figure if I can only have a 10 round mag in NY, may as well go with the flying ashtray aka 230gr JHP .45ACP.

I've already ordered gear for the G21, and I don't even have the permit yet! LMAO

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Getting a pistol permit is such a hassle in NY. I have gone and gotten the kits, only to say F it. I should just nut up and go get one before it is too late. But then that means one 1911 turns into 6 1911s, and 1 Glock turns into 5 Glocks with an unhealthy stippling addiction.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
NY and CA gun laws make me so happy to live in AZ. I can conceal carry without a permit and high capacity magazines are no issue. I am still going to get my CCW though to avoid the background check every time I want to purchase a firearm. I used to have the Glock 21sf which was a great fit in the hand and not as bulky as the standard 21. Having small children and not liking the trigger "safety" had me sell the Glock and my primary carry piece is an EAA witness .40 with 9rd magazine. I personally prefer hammer fired over striker fired and it has one of the best feeling factory triggers I have shot. The fact that it was only $400 and is super accurate was a big plus too. Here's hoping you get through the process quick and easy and that they don't make you jump through too many hoops.