What's new

Fitbit or other things like it

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So the wife has a fitbit on her christmas list. Is this the best option if you have an iphone?
Is there a stand alone product thats better? She doesn't need a lot of work out features. Just everyday activity type of measurements,

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have the nike fuel band, I am ok with it.. if i had the money to spend again I would look at the jawbone up3 or the fitbit ... look into the Jawbone.. It does everything the fitbit does and more .. it even measures your heart rate.. Only problem is it doesn't come out until January I think.. Other wise the Jawbone 24 is still good.. there are comparison videos on youtube of the jawbone 24 and fitbit for your viewing pleasures.

I know you said everyday things but if you think about it heart rates and sleeping patterns are actually a good thing to help keep track of.

Good luck brother!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have a Fitbit flex and it works pretty nicely. I know they make some options that just clip onto your clothes instead of the wrist band option. As for the phone, I don't think it matters a whole lot unless she was going to maybe use it to track running routes or something (mine does have a gps for that I guess). I do most of my syncing through the computer instead of my phone and all I have to do is give it a few taps to give me a rough idea on where I'm at.

The only thing I'll say otherwise is that these (or any of the fitness bands) are worthless to get if you're not actually using it as a motivational tool to get up and move around. The whole idea is to get a certain amount of steps or distance in each day :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the Up24, really like it, works well with other apps. I am rough on it, has broke twice. Their customer service rocks had a replacement within a week both times. I would however also wait for the UP3. I spoke to customer service 2 weeks ago and she did not have a release date but promised it was very soon.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I've been using the Fitbit Force for over a year. It works great and is compatible with both the IPhone and Android systems, I just went to the Samsung Gear 2, but still use my force too. My only complaint with the Fitibt is the clasp system they use, at times, the Device comes off very easily, I'm aware of this and. Ely diligent to watch.