What's new

Fitting in

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well put Cmac. I look fwd to meeting folks tomorrow and just chillin and havin a good time relaxin with a smoke and a drink. I joined to learn more about smokes which I have. I remember reading the new member packet and seeing something like 'don't expect to get free cigars' and I had no idea what that was about. I've had fun that I never expected to have and met good people and even had them over to my house and been to another's home. I've even been told not to rip off the botl logo etc if I made t shirts lol. I understand why people are protective of this place and it's exclusivity and I see why some people are taken aback by that protectiveness which sometimes seems to contradict being a brotherhood. Generally though the spirit is a brotherhood and if that is not your intent or spirit it shows. a brotherhood is an uncomfortable place for someone with no intent of being a brother. Sometimes there are misunderstandings tho and men work shyt out.

Last edited:

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Well said Craig. And if anyone wants to see a solid example of brotherhood, read Gavin's thread about, well, brotherhood. Doesn't get much better than that.

-Jared

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Well said Craig, I couldn't agree more. It does take some time, but is worth the investment. I was recently the victim of the spirit of BOTL, and now all I can think about is how I will get them back. So, this place isn't about want you get, it's about what you contribute. In the end you will get plenty, but what you give is much more important.
However, I do propose a rule that we ban all scumbag guitar players. Regular guitar players are ok, but the scumbag ones have to go.

Sent from an NSA proof phone.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've had the honor of meeting and hanging out with 14 brothers from this forum (so far). And most of them numerous times. I should also mention that they are from 4 different states. Even tonight 7 of us hit and raided Charlotte NC. Also just recently 13 of us got together for some meat and cigars..

Now I told you all that BS to tell you this.......... To see the 13 of us together, what a Motley Crew, from all walks of life. You wouldn't even guess that we knew each other much less have a great time together. And the times we all have together is pretty priceless. I can't even explain it except with one word BOTL. It's really a great feeling more than anything else.
That was a great time. Can't wait to hangout with more Brothers of the leaf.

I'm still a noob getting to know everyone, and I love this place.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
100% solid post! I've never seen the bashing elsewhere, but I'm sure it exists.

It's an interesting situation for sure. As a new guy I came into BOTL and have done 3 or 4 box passes, been in the lotto for months, became a site donor, picked up UF-4s for some brothers here, participated in the Cabinet bomb and truth be told it still feels a little cliquey at times.

I don't hold it personally though -- a lot of you guys have known each other years!! I've been here like what 1? LOL

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What Craig said really resonates with me. I have a core group of "classmates" met a few more great guys along my journey. What i need to do is branch out a bit more with the newer guys. Kinda hard to tell the solid guys from the trolls at first,but worth trying.

Mike
Well let's get together then!

OP is dead on. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well said Craig, I couldn't agree more. It does take some time, but is worth the investment. I was recently the victim of the spirit of BOTL, and now all I can think about is how I will get them back. So, this place isn't about want you get, it's about what you contribute. In the end you will get plenty, but what you give is much more important.
However, I do propose a rule that we ban all scumbag guitar players. Regular guitar players are ok, but the scumbag ones have to go.

Sent from an NSA proof phone.
I knew I liked you for some reason.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I gree wholeheartedly Craig! I've been here for a little bit now and have made some great friends on here and learned more in my time than the previous ten years as an occasional smoker! I don't post a whole lot just read extensively (and laugh my ass off plenty!). I tried another board and quickly left that place alone as any new guy that posted was basically told to read and not post until he has been there a while and was treated very rudely. I love this place and 99% of the brothers on here. . .then there's Hoshy, that's a whole other subject! :scratchhe But seriously thank you to all who have made this such a great place and to all who have made me feel welcome!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know that I am fairly new year I haven't even been around for a year yet, but in saying that I have met some brothers who have truly changed my life. Craig you hit the nail on the head with that post. This is a brotherhood plain and simple, the cigars are just something we share and have in common.

What truly links us in my opinion is the brotherhood itself the ability to have a supporting cast of ppl that you may never meet in your but still ppl who will stand with you and behind when life isn't going easy and they will raise you up above those times. We also share all the great times and we share them big. It can be anything on the 2 extremes anything from in my case losing a friend and having family have the dreaded C which I have shared with everyone and I have spoken with brother who are going through the same thing. (Sorry don't want to use names and if they want they can post agreeing) then there is the positive which goes from getting a new Job, have another baby (Ninja clan is growing fast be warned lol) and even getting married. These are just a few things that link us.

This brotherhood in my opinion is a lifetime of learning and growing something that should never be forgotten as the more you grow the better things get. Don't ever worry about the cigars they will always come it's the brotherhood that should be well humidified and taken care of that truly counts.

This post was to agree and also a thank you to each and everyone of you who have opened your arms and hearts in accepting me. Thank you everyone.

JM

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I couldn't agree more with what Craig and everyone have said....This place is my Cigar Life line, BOTL.org is not only a passion but an addiction .....

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I couldn't agree more with what Craig and everyone have said....This place is my Cigar Life line, BOTL.org is not only a passion but an addiction .....
This exactly.

Awesome post! I don't think I'll ever bring any substance in my posts, but that's just because I'm an idiot....
I've been fortunate to meet a handful of brothers in person and I've grown to know more. I love this place and I think when I joined it was probably for a selfish reason, but I know now that the only thing that matters is the brotherhood!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Having been here for only 2 months now i cant agree with this thread and everyone's opinion more. This place has been great to me from the start. I have learned alot here and met a few great people and have grown to love everything about this place. I spend prob 50% of my day here wandering around reading and reading i don't really post alot as im not very good with words sometimes lol but im working on that. As being a newbie I know its not gonna be an overnight thing to get to know everyone it will take time, but i know in the end that all my time spent here is WELL worth it!! So i would like to thank everyone for reading this and thank you for accepting me as a fellow brother on this page and cant wait to meet more of you and be able to interact with everyone. :thumbsup:

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I know im a noob, but, It's nice to know there's a community of brothers that enjoy smoking cigars. I'm hoping to be here for years to come and get to know you guys better. I had heard of this "bashing" beforei even joined but just like the divorce I'm going through there's 2 sides to every story. And anyone that thinks their side is right without hearing the other side or that jumps to an assumption without even taking to that person first is an idiot! Thank you to all who have so far accepted me and have tried to get to know me. That's what brotherhood is to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Well said, Craig. The truth be told, I've been bummed by the drama around this place, not because I'm taking sides, but because I just hate to see it.

Thanks for the well-stated and poignant reminder.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2