What's new

Fitting in

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've said this in another thread but I'm gonna toss it up here.

"I'm not here for cigars. I'm here for the brothers"

I love this place. You all have been an amazing help. I joined before right before a whirlwind of life changes. Since I've been here I've become a father, I've started planning to separate from the military, I've had orders then lost them, I've dealt with some stuff from my past creeping buck up. And through it all the brotherhood has stood at my side. The amount of love and compassion that flows around here is amazing. I've received advice from brothers that has been so valuable, I've been able to bitch and gripe, and I've made several new friends. Thanks gentlemen. I couldn't be happier to have such a great internet home.
Amen Brother! Well said! I'm still a Newb but BOTL is already a second home for me! Awesome Brotherhood!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just joined today, and this was the first thread I've read from first to last post. Without a doubt I feel welcome and got a few laughs! If that was the mission... Job well done, Brothers!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I'm just glad I met Tony Rome!

Joking aside this place is a great community of good dudes. I've made some friends here, had the chance to meet some guys in person across the country thanks to work, and have interacted with a lot of guys on the site.

Very cool experience all based around our common obsession(speaking for myself) with cigars. To many more!

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I just read this, albeit after i tried joining a Newbie Trading thread. I felt i was more than welcomed in my intro post, and i hope now, after reading this thread, i didn't bump elbows with trying to get a trade going so quickly. I'm very familiar to the layout (been a member of beeradvocate for years) and i'm not unfamiliar with trading, and I look more to impressing the "senior" brother, than getting good stuff in return. But I just love trading and hope to get a move on as quick as possible.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My buddy talked me into joining BOTL and I'm glad he did because this seems like a great place to put myself out there where I share a common interest with people. I enjoy the cigar community almost as much as I enjoy the cigars!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about as cigar newbie as theycome so it took me a couple weeks to really post anything cause I didn't want to look completely stupid but after a bit it sank over in how chill and helpful everyone here is. Now I'm on here once a day if for nothing else but to check in and get a laugh.
《Better than FB thats for sure. My ADHD stays under control (mostly) here》

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I just read this again and it's been awhile. It's funny because I have grown so much while I've been here. I realize I'm kinda a goof but in the same respect I understand a lot of things that I didn't before. I have criticized people for decisions in the past that I now can relate too. Botl is a wonderful place and needs to stay that way. It just takes time to adjust. <3's

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This brotherhood is more then anyone really realizes. Yes we are brothers of the leaf but let's be honest the amount of things we share goes way beyond cigars, pipes and all tobacco. This place is sharing of knowledge and respect. This is a place that a person can be themselves and share what's on their mind and be accepted for it.

I am a brother from the 2013 class and the brothers I have joined with have become good friends(yes most of us won't ever meet) but a single pm and we can talk for days thanks to that. Come here for the cigars yes but we all actually stay for the brotherhood. Love and respect.
JM

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
What a great time for this thread to come up again.

First, to the new guys, welcome. BOTL can be a place full of brotherhood, learning, fun, and crazy antics. Tomorrow marks my one year anniversary and I joined within weeks of just starting the cigar hobby. I knew virtually nothing about cigars when I joined and the willingness of the people here to answer questions is one of the main reasons I stayed initially. I've been on so many forum boards over the past 20+ years (for a variety of topics) and was used to the "try Google" answer to almost any question asked by a new person. Not here. Questions that I now know have been asked countless times get answered with just as much enthusiasm and pleasantries as if they've been asked for the first time.

So, welcome again and don't ever feel like you're asking bad or dumb questions. The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked. We're all here to help because we've all been in that n00b position (and some of us quite recently)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I look forward to getting to know some good guys and talk cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I was on "the other forum" for a couple of years and never really felt accepted. Here? You guys are awesome. The very atmosphere (can a forum have an atmosphere? o_O) is so much nicer. No constant posts bashing some manufacturer or fellow BOTL. No hostile bickering. You guys are all very helpful and welcoming. It is much appreciated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey this is 3Weeler. I am new to BOTL. And to smoking real cigars! A freind turned me onto BOTL today. I've been going to a local cigar bar here in Rock Hill,SC. with my riding club (motorcycle). I've never been real smoker, no cigarettes, just "Jewel Sweats." So I'm here to learn and educate myself on smoking cigars! And to figure out the BOTL web site!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey this is 3Weeler. I am new to BOTL. And to smoking real cigars! A freind turned me onto BOTL today. I've been going to a local cigar bar here in Rock Hill,SC. with my riding club (motorcycle). I've never been real smoker, no cigarettes, just "Jewel Sweats." So I'm here to learn and educate myself on smoking cigars! And to figure out the BOTL web site!
Post an intro here man!!

http://www.botl.org/forums/introductions.23/

And welcome to the community!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Great thread. Kind of like the 4 year apprenticeship I went through with my trade, earn your respect. Enjoy the craft take in as much as you can, and then bomb the bejeebus out of the FOG'S