What's new

Fitting in

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm probably repeating a lot of what has been mentioned in this thread earlier, but I'd like to say it anyways. I was met with such a warm welcome, the brotherhood here is absolutely amazing. I don't feel like an outsider, I feel right at home. I feel comfortable discussing very personal things, with people I've never met before, and I feel like they really do care. There's plenty of days where I've been bummed, and had a fellow BOTL pick me up. That's what's so amazing about this place. I know this is a cigar forum, but first and foremost I think it is about the brotherhood. I really cherish the friends I've made so far, and look forward to making new ones. You guys are awesome, and that's what makes this forum awesome.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
A great bunch of people. Talk about a fantastic place to make friends and an everlasting fountain of information ! Anyone who bashes the brotherhood because they are new and dont fit in must have really gone out of the way to anger folks. I've asked a trillion noob questions via PM's and always been met with nothing but good friendly help as a response. I will certainly be making an effort to pay it forward over the next few years and one day I will get patched in and lose the "prospect" from my back :)

Thanks for all the help so far Botl's it doesn't go unoticed... now the only question is who to start bombing first. (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I haven't been here long, but was warmly welcomed.
This place is big, I have been around on internet forums for a long time, but typically just regional interest-specific things with maybe 100-500 active members. I don't really know anybody here, but it doesn't matter. I've popped into chat for many hours, and just BS'd with someone I'd not interacted with on the boards for hours as if we were old friends.
It's a big place, it's easy to be overwhelmed when you're new especially if you're used to smaller forums like I am. But, I like it here. I'm still active on a small forum mostly because it still feels like home and I know 90% of the posters, but I'm getting to like this place a lil more every day. Just takes time.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Hey this is 3Weeler. I am new to BOTL. And to smoking real cigars! A freind turned me onto BOTL today. I've been going to a local cigar bar here in Rock Hill,SC. with my riding club (motorcycle). I've never been real smoker, no cigarettes, just "Jewel Sweats." So I'm here to learn and educate myself on smoking cigars! And to figure out the BOTL web site!
Will! Glad you made is brother! Hope you find some good info, and remember ask any questions you have. There are a ton of awesome brothers on here!

Oh and this is Dale! Lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, it seems as soon as a member hits their 30 days they want to see what BOTL can do for them with ISO posts.... Those guys are clearly missing the point of BOTL.
Understood. Not even sure what an ISO post is. Does that mean I'm too old?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
After seeing the support I got in my "former cigarette smokers" thread. That is what brotherhood is all about.

BTW not to derail but still haven't had one in 4 days and have no intentions of picking it back up.
That's awesome brother! Honestly, since starting this hobby cirgarettes have tasted disgusting and without a doubt lacking flavor.

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good stuff! All I wanted was a place to come talk about cigars and share my enjoyment of them. I started smoking cigars again just recently after a long hiatus and was happy to see a forum that wasn't a bunch of guys sneering at you because you weren't smoking $30-$40 Cubans every day and don't have a walk in humidor.
It has never crossed my mind to ever hint around for someone to GIVE me cigars or ask for freebies.... I didn't even know that was a thing until I started reading some of the sticky posts about trying to "fit in". I guess at my age I find that kind of behavior to be over the top and in extremely bad taste. I asked a few questions regarding some guys getting their Cuban cigars seized by Customs...mainly because I worked for the USPS for almost 15 years and I have some inside knowledge of what they look for. It didn't occur to me that it might be taken as me looking for someone's source, so please rest assured that is not at all what I was asking about. I recently ordered a few from Switzerland and had no issues at all. Since the change in the rules I had honestly thought that Customs at the ISC's would waste less time with them but that's obviously not the case... The wife and I will be in the Eastern Caribbean at the end of July so I plan to get a box or two if I can find a reputable Habanos S.A. source.
Everyone here has been welcoming and helpful and I hope I can learn more and more every day about this wonderful hobby! I have truly enjoyed just being able to post what I'm smoking for the day, crack a few jokes and drool over what everybody else is smoking! So thanks so much to everybody for helping out a relative noob!! It's more appreciated than you know!!